Dell's Sorry History of Microphone/Soundcard Issue (Update)

Old December 10th 05, 11:10 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

Default Dell's Sorry History of Microphone/Soundcard Issue (Update)

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 20:33:35 -0700, Class_Action
wrote:

Do you suppose even the Dell onsite technician does not follow what
Dell tech insisted?

http://delltalk.us.dell.com/supportf...ssage.id=21877

Well... technician came and installed new card (same type SB Live
Value! 512V CT4780).... He tried uninstalling, reinstalling drivers
etc.... all the same stuff I have tried before.... still no
better....

LOL. For the crime of owning a Dell, you deserve all the grief you
get.
Old December 12th 05, 12:55 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

Folk (Dell Bot) wrote:

Class_Action classaction357 AT yahoo DOT com wrote:

Do you suppose even the Dell onsite technician does not follow what
Dell tech insisted?

http://delltalk.us.dell.com/supportf...ssage.id=21877

Well... technician came and installed new card (same type SB Live
Value! 512V CT4780).... He tried uninstalling, reinstalling drivers
etc.... all the same stuff I have tried before.... still no
better....

LOL. For the crime of owning a Dell, you deserve all the grief you
get.

How about this one?

(3/11/05)
http://delltalk.us.dell.com/supportf...ssage.id=56256

Now a tech is sheduled to come to the house and replace the sound
card. Just what I need a 7 day old system for which I paid extra
for a high end sound card and now I'll have a refurbished one.

(11/3/05)
http://delltalk.us.dell.com/supportf...ssage.id=61369

I'm still having the same issue. The Dell tech support (based in
India I guess) does not reply anymore on email (even though I
politely remind them). I got a reply to call the usual support
phone number and want me to start all over again, as part of the
wearing out strategy.

Old December 12th 05, 01:15 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:55:17 -0700, Class_Action
wrote:

LOL. For the crime of owning a Dell, you deserve all the grief you
get.

How about this one?

This what? Repetitive link that you keep falsely assuming
will somehow magically cause us to agree with your apathetic
attemps to fix a problem?

Guess what? Any problem you care to name on a computer,
give as much time as you've spent I could dig up a handful
of links and just keep posting them. It wouldn't prove
anything, except that all I was interested in doing was
posting links.
Old December 12th 05, 07:16 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

"Grumps" wrote:

I have an old Dimension XPS. It has a mic that would appear to be wired a
little unusual. I thought that the 3.5mm stereo jack plug used the end two
conductors for the left and right channels, and the longer conductor
(nearest the jack body) as the common (or ground). Well, the Dell mic that
came with the XPS has the mic element connected between the end two
conductors and does not use the ground part of the plug. This mic does not
work (I haven't tried shouting) in any other piece of audio gear (PCs,
minidisk, etc). Does this mean that the XPS has a weird arrangement on the
sound card (mic input)? And would it follow that only the supplied mic would
work?

(The Dell supplied mic has the same problem.)

The cause is not the mic, but the soundcard driver:

----------------------------
Tom Scales (Dell Bot) wrote:

"Dave" wrote:

If you read the current posts in the Community Forums (the ones you
allege have been deleted) the problem has been solved. Download and
apply the latest drivers from Creative.

The mic on my Audigy in my XPS 600 works fine now.

Oh no, you've ruined the Troll's day.

Good grief! It's the driver after all, Tommy?

Wonder why then Dell have reformat the hard disk?
Also wonder why then Dell replaced the soundcard?
And wonder of all, replace the motherboard ?!
'

http://delltalk.us.dell.com/supportf...ssage.id=60002

Dell tech support insisted I reformat my hard disk

http://delltalk.us.dell.com/supportf...cending&page=3

Well, I just installed my second Audigy 2ZS replacement card
and not surprisingly the issue remains exactly the same

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportfor...ssage.id=57660

Dell tech support called tonight to see if my system now worked
after 3 replacement sound cards and a new motherboard.
It doesn't.
----------------------------

Old December 12th 05, 07:18 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

kony (Troll) wrote:

This what? Repetitive link that you keep falsely assuming
will somehow magically cause us to agree with your apathetic
attemps to fix a problem?

snip rest of crap

What problem is that?

-------------------
kony (Troll) wrote:

Class_Action wrote:

kony (Troll) wrote:

It is clearly an indication that there is no such thing as a
"Dell low mic volume problem".

Don't you see these as the low mic volume problem?

I have to yell into my Dell provided microphone
Only when I shout really hard I get a fuzzy little noise recorded
I don't want to -eat- this microphone!!!!
I had to practically put the mic in my mouth.
the volume is so low that you have to scream.
Do you know a way to record an outgoing message without "eating"
the microphone?
I have to scream into the microphone

No, I see you only repeating the same thing over and over
again and not making any reasonable attempt to do anything
more than listen to a Dell tech's instructions.

Do you see any Dell Tech instructions in these?

I have to yell into my Dell provided microphone
Only when I shout really hard I get a fuzzy little noise recorded
I don't want to -eat- this microphone!!!!
I had to practically put the mic in my mouth.
the volume is so low that you have to scream.
Do you know a way to record an outgoing message without "eating"
the microphone?
I have to scream into the microphone

Do you see that everything you write is only evidence that
instead of following their instructions you're just wasting
time repeating same thing over and over again?

Do you see any instructions in these?

Old December 12th 05, 07:51 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

Class_Action wrote:
"Grumps" wrote:

I have an old Dimension XPS. It has a mic that would appear to be
wired a little unusual. I thought that the 3.5mm stereo jack plug
used the end two conductors for the left and right channels, and the
longer conductor (nearest the jack body) as the common (or ground).
Well, the Dell mic that came with the XPS has the mic element
connected between the end two conductors and does not use the ground
part of the plug. This mic does not work (I haven't tried shouting)
in any other piece of audio gear (PCs, minidisk, etc). Does this
mean that the XPS has a weird arrangement on the sound card (mic
input)? And would it follow that only the supplied mic would work?

(The Dell supplied mic has the same problem.)

The cause is not the mic, but the soundcard driver:

So the problem is solved! And this thread can end. Great!

Old December 12th 05, 01:47 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 23:16:20 -0700, Class_Action
wrote:

"Grumps" wrote:

I have an old Dimension XPS. It has a mic that would appear to be wired a
little unusual. I thought that the 3.5mm stereo jack plug used the end two
conductors for the left and right channels, and the longer conductor
(nearest the jack body) as the common (or ground). Well, the Dell mic that
came with the XPS has the mic element connected between the end two
conductors and does not use the ground part of the plug. This mic does not
work (I haven't tried shouting) in any other piece of audio gear (PCs,
minidisk, etc). Does this mean that the XPS has a weird arrangement on the
sound card (mic input)? And would it follow that only the supplied mic would
work?

(The Dell supplied mic has the same problem.)

The cause is not the mic, but the soundcard driver:

Well it only took you 4 weeks to figure this out,
congratulations.
Old January 20th 06, 10:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default Dell's Sorry History of Microphone/Soundcard Issue

Just an update:
My issue with low mic volume on the Audigy 2ZS remains the same on my
XPS Gen 5.
However, chatted with an Indian based DELL tech guy yesterday (just to
check if they have come up with something) But no! Surprisingly, he
did actually admit it was a Creative problem, gave me a coupon of $35
(a offer I rejected moths ago, but I accepted it now since I don't
have time to persue the issue anymore. I'm simply too feed up with
the DELL's lack of responsibility of the product they put together.

$35 buck to spend on an upgrade in the DELL store is not much but
better than $0. It seems clear that even though they admit problem
they do not intend to fully compensate or replace.

Please post here about your possible compensation, especially if you
all do better then I...