New Line of Video Cards?

Old January 10th 04, 05:30 AM
Chris

Default New Line of Video Cards?

I am currently using a g4 ti4400 128 meg card. I was thinking aobut
upgrading to a Radeon 9800 pro in April(Birthday). Will I get a big increase
in performance on alot of games*running 2.6ghz. Or should i just wait til
the next line of video cards come out... and when will that be. Thanks

Old January 10th 04, 06:05 AM
Cuzman

"Chris" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...

" I am currently using a g4 ti4400 128 meg card. I was thinking aobut
upgrading to a Radeon 9800 pro in April(Birthday). Will I get a big increase
in performance on alot of games*running 2.6ghz. Or should i just wait til
the next line of video cards come out... and when will that be. "

From what I can see, ATI have still to release an All-In-Wonder 9800 XT, so
their next line of cards aren't ready for release yet. I'm sure they have
planned it so they are also not behind NVIDIA. If your Birthday isn't until
April, either the next line of cards will be on the horizon, or the 9800 XT
will be a little cheaper. It's a slightly better card than the 9800 Pro, as
you will see if you read the following comparison:
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/index.html

If you have a 2.6Ghz Pentium IV, then I would expect that the rest of your
system isn't on the slow side. At least 512MB (DDR) RAM and a good graphics
card should put you in a good gaming position for the forseeable future.
Your Ti4400 isn't *slow*, but if you want to play future games at high
resolutions, and with full anti-aliasing functions on, then a better card is
necessary. Reading the article will give you much better insight.

Old January 10th 04, 06:16 AM
Kentucky77

New line of cards should come out in March.

Old January 10th 04, 06:54 AM
Tod

Ask again in April, we the all knowing ones will know even more by then.

. cable.rogers.com...

Old January 10th 04, 07:33 AM
Kentucky77

Thanks toad your a lot of help.