TV-Out : wrong aspect ratio !!

Old January 8th 04, 10:22 PM
Malescot

Default TV-Out : wrong aspect ratio !!

Hi everybody,

I am new on this forum, but I tried to read the previous threads to check if
I could find a solution for my problem. I didn't find anything. Anyway,
sorry if the question has already been answered some time ago.

Until last week I had an "old" ATI Radeon 32 Mb Tv Out, with which I never
had any problem to watch movies on my TV. I used to put the resolution at
800x600, clone the monitor image to the TV... and everything was fine.

Now that I have a GeForce FX5200 (I bought it to have 2 monitors with dual
view), the TV Out works but show me a wrong aspect ratio on the TV. In fact
the image is not high enough compared to its width. I hope you undersrand
what I mean, I try to explain the problem with simple words because I'm not
an English native speaker. In addition, the image is always shown with good
aspect ratio on the computer monitor, whatever the resolution or the player
(in full screen or not).

I think I tried everything I could : the 45.23 drivers, the 53.03 ones, I
tried to use 640x480 - 720x576 - 800x600 resolutions for my TV, I tried to
use different functions of the drivers (TV as main display, monitor 1 as
main display, TV out only, clone Monitor + TV, dual view Monitor + TV...).
I'm now tired and fed up. I even search on the Internet with google in
English and French : no solution, but some other people have the same
problem.

So please, whatever you know about this problem, please tell me. Thanks !!!!

MALESCOT
Nvidia GeForce FX5200 128 Mb TV-Out + DVI
XP SP1 + all critical updates
19" LCD screen as main monitor
17" CRT screen as secondary monitor (I tried to clone LCD monitor + TV, and
CRT monitor + TV : same result).

Old January 9th 04, 04:40 AM
Malescot

Great ! After several hours searching for a solution, I found one. I created
a personal resolution for my TV screen (800x533 instead of 800x600) thanks
to the NVidia drivers... and it works ! The lenght/height ratio is now
accurate on the TV screen.

MALESCOT.