No Yellow colour printing on my HP DeskJet 815C

Old November 19th 05, 05:15 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default No Yellow colour printing on my HP DeskJet 815C

Hello.

Having no more yellow colour on my prints, I just changed the catdrige,
but it did not change anything ...
I cleaned contacts on both printer charriot and catridge, with no
amelioration.

How to solve the problem ?

PC Wondows XP Family edition
HP DeskJet 815C USB connected

Thank you for your help.

Old November 20th 05, 09:09 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

It's new printer time methinks.

Old November 20th 05, 07:41 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Bob Headrick wrote:

"Dan35" wrote in message

Hello.

Having no more yellow colour on my prints, I just changed the cartridge, but
it did not change anything ...
I cleaned contacts on both printer charriot and catridge, with no
amelioration.

Most likely your new cartridge is beyond its shelf life. Check the "use by"
date on the package or check the warranty date as shown at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...cname=bua02014.
If the cartridge is still in warranty contact HP (1-800-HPINVENt in North
America, or see www.hp.com elsewhere) for a replacement. If the cartridge is
beyond its warranty then replace it with a fresh cartridge.

When buying cartridges look for the "install by" date on the cartridge. I
would look for cartridges with at least six months remaining before the install
by date. When storing cartridges for an extended length of time keep them
upright as they would be on a store display and store them in a cool place for
best results.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

IN THE EARLY DAYS - DESKJET500 - ONE COULD TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A SALE AND
STOCK UP ON CARTS AND THEN USE THEM AS NEEDED.

NOW HP WANTS TO INSURE YOU PAY THE MAXIMUM PRICE BY MAKING IT DIFFICULT
TO STOCK UP ON A SALE BY PLACING A CHIP WHERE IT WILL NOT WORK AFTER A
CERTAIN DATE. THIS IS MAKEING SURE THAT GOOD INK CANNOT BE USED.

Old November 20th 05, 09:03 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"SteveB" sbrads@nildramDOTcoDOTuk wrote in message
It's new printer time methinks.

No, it just needs a fresh cartridge. Cartridges do have a shelf life which can
be shortened by storing the cartridges on their sides or at elevated
temperatures. These cartridges do not have any chips that know anything about
the date of manufacture or have any expiration date. The symptoms described
are exactly those of a cartridge stored beyond its shelf life. A new cartridge
will cure the problem. As mentioned before, if the cartridge is within its
warranty HP should replace it.

Old November 20th 05, 10:00 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Bob Headrick wrote:

"SteveB" sbrads@nildramDOTcoDOTuk wrote in message

It's new printer time methinks.

No, it just needs a fresh cartridge. Cartridges do have a shelf life which can
be shortened by storing the cartridges on their sides or at elevated
temperatures. These cartridges do not have any chips that know anything about
the date of manufacture or have any expiration date. The symptoms described
are exactly those of a cartridge stored beyond its shelf life. A new cartridge
will cure the problem. As mentioned before, if the cartridge is within its
warranty HP should replace it.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

SINCE YOU ARE AN EMPLOYEE OF HP DO YOU RECOMMEND USING AFTERMARKET INKS
AND NOT SPEND THE MONEY FOR GENUINE HP STUFF.

Old November 21st 05, 08:38 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Charlie+ wrote:

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 18:15:20 +0100, Dan35
wrote as underneath my scribble :

It was my experience with HP tri colour cartridges that the yellow was
always the colour that gave up first where ageing was the problem
rather than lack of ink or anything else - the yellow seemed to form
off-white crystals with age - gradually blocking the printhead and
eventually expanding the yellow part of the printhead apart....!
Charlie+

ON MY HP THAT IS NOT TRUE. I HAVE NOT HAD ANY TROUBLE EVER WITH HP
CARTS LIKE THOSE MENTIONED IN THIS POST