Presario 5660 upgrade to W2000?

Old August 3rd 03, 09:18 PM
lwags

Default Presario 5660 upgrade to W2000?

How successful and where did you get the drivers.

Seems like a number of drivers for things like the firewire host controller
and some other real basic things needed that I have not been able to find
before I tried the upgrade.

Old August 7th 03, 04:09 PM
HH

W2K not supported by Compaq on your 5660 (few Presarios are for W2K). That's
why no drivers from Compaq. XP a much better choice. I know of at least one
user on this board (Tom Scales) who has a 5600 series running XP with no
problems.
HH

Old August 8th 03, 03:03 AM
Mark Jones

I upgraded my 5660 to Windows XP. Only problem was that I could not get USB
and Firewire to work.

Mark

m...

"lwags" wrote in message
How successful and where did you get the drivers.

Seems like a number of drivers for things like the firewire host

controller
and some other real basic things needed that I have not been able to

find
before I tried the upgrade.

Help in upgrade of CPU in Compaq presario 5221 jax9w General 1 October 15th 04 11:42 AM
Compaq Presario 5660 Martyr General 2 October 7th 04 04:15 AM
Presario 5900z - trying to upgrade video card Verax Compaq Computers 0 July 27th 03 07:45 PM
Presario 5300US CPU Upgrade Chris Compaq Computers 1 July 23rd 03 12:49 AM
Spectra 400 CPU upgrade for Presario 4814 Gary & Dawn Kucera Compaq Computers 0 July 9th 03 03:00 PM