Zalman ZM80A/C-HP

Old February 16th 04, 07:58 PM
Frank Jelenko

Default Zalman ZM80A/C-HP

Any experience with Zalman's VGA heat sink?

I'm wanting to reduce the noise level. I've replaced the orignal fan on
the MSI ti4200 with the Thermaltake replacement, but I'm hoping to get it
even quieter.

Thanks

--
MSI K7N2, Athlon 2600
2 X 7200 Hard drives, second one on Promise 133 IDE Controller

Old February 16th 04, 10:43 PM
Kevin Seal

In message ,
Frank Jelenko writes
Any experience with Zalman's VGA heat sink?

I'm wanting to reduce the noise level. I've replaced the orignal fan on
the MSI ti4200 with the Thermaltake replacement, but I'm hoping to get it
even quieter.

Thanks

Got the ZM80C on my Abit Siluro 4200 OTES. Bloody marvellous!!
--
Kevin Seal (at home)
Y2K Fazer

Old February 16th 04, 11:43 PM
John Smith

Yes, very good. So much so that after putting one on my Geforce 4600MX I
decided to buy my latest VGA card with one already on - the Sapphire
Ultimate 9600XT.

"Kevin Seal" wrote in message
In message ,
Frank Jelenko writes

Old February 17th 04, 09:34 AM
HelixStalwart

I have the ZM80A-HP with a 92mm Acoustifan (I used the 92mm Zalman one
for a while but changed over to the Acoustifan recently when I
replaced some case fans) on my GeForce4ti4600 card.

I find the heatsink brilliant and very effective. I don't overclock
anything and have never measured temperatures on it, but even after a
heavy gaming session the card is never more than "warm" to the touch.
You will notice how well the heatpipe works - the back side will get
warm too very quickly. Oh, it IS a big heatsink, check you have space
for it please.
Old February 17th 04, 11:57 PM
Frank Jelenko

Thanks everyone!

The Zalman forum only had question from potential users, no feedback on
actual use. I was encouraged by Zalman's product documentation, but, I was
concerned about fitting.

In any case, Newegg's got my order.

Thanks again.

Old February 19th 04, 08:38 PM
RJT

Frank Jelenko wrote:

Thanks everyone!

The Zalman forum only had question from potential users, no feedback on
actual use. I was encouraged by Zalman's product documentation, but, I was
concerned about fitting.

In any case, Newegg's got my order.

Thanks again.

You won't be disappointed. I recently bought one, it's great. Just to be
sure, I put a 80mm silent fan on the side, but I only did that so I can
overclock the card somewhat. My PC is now virtually silent, even though
I have 4 80mm fans in it, a huge Zalman on the CPU and two in the PSU
(get the Sharkoon HDD vibe-fixer to get you HD totally silent - that one
rocks!).

Old February 20th 04, 03:50 AM
Frank Jelenko

"RJT" wrote in message

Frank Jelenko wrote:

Thanks everyone!

The Zalman forum only had question from potential users, no feedback on
actual use. I was encouraged by Zalman's product documentation, but, I

was
concerned about fitting.

In any case, Newegg's got my order.

Thanks again.

You won't be disappointed. I recently bought one, it's great. Just to be
sure, I put a 80mm silent fan on the side, but I only did that so I can
overclock the card somewhat. My PC is now virtually silent, even though
I have 4 80mm fans in it, a huge Zalman on the CPU and two in the PSU
(get the Sharkoon HDD vibe-fixer to get you HD totally silent - that one
rocks!).

Just installed the ZM80C. Nice noise reduction!

Otherwise, I'm using Antec's Solution series quiet case [not the Sonata].
It's got rubber mounting bushings for the harddrives. There's one 120mm
exhaust fan - mounted with silicone 'hangers' - fan doesn't actually touch
the case and is sound insulated from the case with the silicone hangers.
The CPU has a Thermaltake Quiet Boost - cpu temp runs 39-40 idle, 50 full
load [i.e., Prime 95].