Networking with Azus K8V SE Deluxe

Old September 22nd 04, 10:55 PM

Default Networking with Azus K8V SE Deluxe

I have just changed my m/b from a Gigabyte GA7IXE4 to an Asus K8V SE
Deluxe.

I had an Ethernet Network card installed in a PCI slot on the GA 7IXE4
..

I notice that the K8V SE Deluxe comes with a " 1394 Net Adapter " and

"Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter, Copper
RJ-45"

It also has a port which looks like it will take a P2P cross-over
cable.

If I want to connect my PC to a laptop do I need to re-install the
Ethernet card into the K8V SE board or does the above " Marvel Yukon
Gigabyte .......etc " description mean that this board is already
equipped for Networking ?

B.N.

--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"
Old September 22nd 04, 11:21 PM
Mike

I have just changed my m/b from a Gigabyte GA7IXE4 to an Asus K8V SE
Deluxe.

I had an Ethernet Network card installed in a PCI slot on the GA 7IXE4
.

I notice that the K8V SE Deluxe comes with a " 1394 Net Adapter " and

Yes... works great with my firewire camcorder.

"Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter, Copper
RJ-45"

It also has a port which looks like it will take a P2P cross-over
cable.

I assume you mean a crossed pair for network sharing across 2 machines using the
standard net port.... see below.

If I want to connect my PC to a laptop do I need to re-install the
Ethernet card into the K8V SE board or does the above " Marvel Yukon
Gigabyte .......etc " description mean that this board is already
equipped for Networking ?

Yes... been using mine for several months without any problems. I use it with my
RJ45 fitted cable modem via a router to my m/c and my wifes. works fine.
You don't need the additional pci net card.

Mike
Old September 23rd 04, 09:04 AM

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:21:37 GMT, Mike
wrote:

I have just changed my m/b from a Gigabyte GA7IXE4 to an Asus K8V SE
Deluxe.

I had an Ethernet Network card installed in a PCI slot on the GA 7IXE4
.

I notice that the K8V SE Deluxe comes with a " 1394 Net Adapter " and

Yes... works great with my firewire camcorder.

"Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter, Copper
RJ-45"

It also has a port which looks like it will take a P2P cross-over
cable.

I assume you mean a crossed pair for network sharing across 2 machines using the
standard net port.... see below.

Yes , I merely want to connect two machines at home in P2P with the
relevant cable - sorry didn't explain that too well in my original
post !

If I want to connect my PC to a laptop do I need to re-install the
Ethernet card into the K8V SE board or does the above " Marvel Yukon
Gigabyte .......etc " description mean that this board is already
equipped for Networking ?

Yes... been using mine for several months without any problems. I use it with my
RJ45 fitted cable modem via a router to my m/c and my wifes. works fine.
You don't need the additional pci net card.

Thanks for the help.

B.N.
--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"