A7N8x-E Deluxe Networking Troubles

Old September 21st 04, 03:20 AM
Brett Baisley

Default A7N8x-E Deluxe Networking Troubles

I just bought this motherboard and a new 2500+ AMD cpu to go with it. I got
it all working now, and Windows 2000 installed on it. I want to go on the
net with it to download the latest drivers for his vid card etc, but I'm
having troubles.

So, I plugged in the old wire we had from before the upgrade (it worked
before and its in a router by the way) into the top NIC and it didn't work.
I then tried the bottom, didn't work. I tried both and rebooted between
switches each time and still nothing. So I disabled the gigabit jumper on
the motherboard and tried that, and still nothing.

I even took it out of the router and directly into the NIC from the cable
modem and nothing. I don't understand why it won't work. Any else have this
problem, or a solution?

Thanks

Old September 21st 04, 04:13 AM
Brett Baisley

I just disabled the gigabit NIC again, and re-formatted the computer,
installed windows and the drivers, and reset my router to the factory
presets, and I finally got it working. Not sure what happened, but its
working.

ogers.com...

Old September 23rd 04, 06:16 AM
Gordon Scott

[...]