Voltage Problems with A7V133 Motherboard

Old August 1st 03, 02:54 PM
Richard Meyer-Eppler

Default Voltage Problems with A7V133 Motherboard

I'm having voltage problems with my A7V133 Motherboard with a 1200Mhz Athlon
Thunderbird on it. Sometimes my system doesn't even boot because the BIOS
monitor reports the +5V Voltage being too low. However Asus Probe hasn't
reported any voltage problems. Nevertheless I have the following indicators
that something with the voltage is wrong:
1. BIOS monitor reports +5V Voltage being too low, system doesn't boot.
2. Asus Smart Doctor Utility for my Asus V7700 Geforce 2 GTS once reported
that the motherboard was unable to supply the right voltage for the vga card
3. random system crashes after a clean system install, even with no load

My System specifications:
A7V133 Motherboard
1200 Mhz Athlon Thunderbird
256 MB Quality DDR Ram
Asus V7700 Geforce 2 GTS
300W Power Supply
SB Live! Gamer
Windows XP SP1

I know the power supply with 300W is a bit low, but i ran this system stable
for over 2 years now. So I don't suspect that it's a problem with the amount
of power supplied. Where do I start to look for the problem? Is it a problem
with the motherboard? With the power supply? With the Graphics Card? Any
advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and my excuse for my
bad english.....

problems with PcChips motherboard m811lu PERK9715 Homebuilt PC's 3 February 13th 05 10:45 AM
problems with my AMD 64 3200+ & Asus K8V Deluxe motherboard Nikko General 5 August 3rd 04 12:17 PM
Motherboard for P4. MS Overclocking 80 August 2nd 04 10:14 PM
problems using a extra HDD on KT7-RAID motherboard Nick Abit Motherboards 3 April 7th 04 02:02 AM
AGP Voltage problem John Overclocking 4 February 29th 04 10:51 AM