Uninstalling Direct CD

Old November 10th 03, 12:47 AM
hlee

Default Uninstalling Direct CD

Hi, this is my first post here...I tried searching for this answer but
couldn't find any.

Anyway, I installed EZ Cd Creator 5.0 with Direct CD and now my games such
as Raven Shield and Rogue Spear go into the BSOD during gameplay. I'm using
some crack to make it think there's a CD in there. Anyway, I uninstalled EZ
and Direct CD and my games still don't work. I heard that Direct CD is the
culprit and it really buries itself within WinXP.

Does anybody know how to truly clean it out, I don't want a single trace of
DirectCD on my system? Are there any websites that have instructions on how
to do this? I've tried reinstalling my secondary IDE, DirectX 9.0, the
actual games, I even repaired WinXP and nothing worked. I'm stumped.

Please help! Thanks!

Old November 10th 03, 02:11 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

hlee wrote:

Hi, this is my first post here...I tried searching for this answer but
couldn't find any.

Anyway, I installed EZ Cd Creator 5.0 with Direct CD and now my games such
as Raven Shield and Rogue Spear go into the BSOD during gameplay. I'm using
some crack to make it think there's a CD in there. Anyway, I uninstalled EZ
and Direct CD and my games still don't work. I heard that Direct CD is the
culprit and it really buries itself within WinXP.

Does anybody know how to truly clean it out, I don't want a single trace of
DirectCD on my system? Are there any websites that have instructions on how
to do this? I've tried reinstalling my secondary IDE, DirectX 9.0, the
actual games, I even repaired WinXP and nothing worked. I'm stumped.

Please help! Thanks!

How do I cleanly uninstall / reinstall Easy CD Creator 5.xx in Windows
XP?
http://www.plextor.com/english/support/faqs/SW00018.htm

Follow the procedure in the above, and then use ROXIZAP:
http://softwareupdates.roxio.com/gm/...ls/roxizap.exe
Old November 10th 03, 07:12 AM
Don Nickell

hlee wrote:

Hi, this is my first post here...I tried searching for this answer but
couldn't find any.

Anyway, I installed EZ Cd Creator 5.0 with Direct CD and now my games such
as Raven Shield and Rogue Spear go into the BSOD during gameplay. I'm using
some crack to make it think there's a CD in there. Anyway, I uninstalled EZ
and Direct CD and my games still don't work. I heard that Direct CD is the
culprit and it really buries itself within WinXP.

Does anybody know how to truly clean it out, I don't want a single trace of
DirectCD on my system? Are there any websites that have instructions on how
to do this? I've tried reinstalling my secondary IDE, DirectX 9.0, the
actual games, I even repaired WinXP and nothing worked. I'm stumped.

Please help! Thanks!

I'm still using ECDC 2.3c which came with this HP Pavillion in 2000. I
used Direct CD once or twice with success but then started noticing some
problems with utilities I installed. Advise was to delete Direct CD, that
corrected the problems. I don't know the why or wherefore, and probably
never will understand.

If Start|Settings, Add/Remove won't do it, and you don't want to mess with
RegEdit then try RegCleaner (NOT the MS program) found at:
http://www.webmasterfree.com/regcleaner.html
or
http://download.com.com/3000-2094-10...ml?tag=lst-0-1

I've used it for some time and it's easy to use and very useful. With it
you can right click on an entry (Old or New) and see what other programs
are affected, etc. You can then remove the program from the Registry or not.

Hope this helps.
Don

Old November 10th 03, 02:10 PM
Dan G

Basically, you just need to do a file search for "directcd" and "roxio", and
do the same thing with regedit, delete them all.

Old November 10th 03, 06:42 PM
Curtis Croulet

The uninstall instructions on the Plextor site don't work for me. The Windows
uninstall function freezes when I try to uninstall DirectCD and EZ CD Creator.
I can never get to fiddling with the registry, because the first part doesn't
work. I'd really like to get this c**p off my system.
--
Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California

Old November 10th 03, 08:05 PM
smh

Curtis Croulet wrote:

The uninstall instructions on the Plextor site don't work for me. The Windows
uninstall function freezes when I try to uninstall DirectCD and EZ CD Creator.
I can never get to fiddling with the registry, because the first part doesn't
work. I'd really like to get this c**p off my system.

Follow the procedure at Plextor site except the Add/Remove part. (You
will have EZ Coaster Creator entry in Add/Remove. If there is
xp-compatible TweakUI, however, it can remove the spurious entry in
Add/Remove.)

Anyhow, try ROXIZAP:
http://softwareupdates.roxio.com/gm/...ls/roxizap.exe

(One poster found a cRoxio driver that was causing trouble with Nero
InfoTool.)
Old November 11th 03, 04:51 AM
Brendon Thompson

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:42:45 GMT, "Curtis Croulet"
wrote:

The uninstall instructions on the Plextor site don't work for me. The Windows
uninstall function freezes when I try to uninstall DirectCD and EZ CD Creator.
I can never get to fiddling with the registry, because the first part doesn't
work. I'd really like to get this c**p off my system.

Try Roxizap. Roxizap is at-
http://softwareupdates.roxio.com/gm/...ls/roxizap.exe

Old November 11th 03, 05:35 AM
Curtis Croulet

Thanks. I did finally get down into the mud to remove DirectCD and Easy CD
Creator, manually deleting the folders, shortcuts and registry entries.
--
Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California

Old November 11th 03, 11:37 PM
hlee

Thanks for the help! Ahh, my games still don't work. I heard that Direct CD
really gets embedded into the OS, not sure how, but it's deeper than the
registry and in folders.

Anybody know how to hack it??

. --------------------------------------

Old November 12th 03, 03:25 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have examples of misquotes! )

hlee wrote:

Thanks for the help! Ahh, my games still don't work. I heard that Direct CD
really gets embedded into the OS, not sure how, but it's deeper than the
registry and in folders.

Anybody know how to hack it??

Check out (S11) of KCK's InCD troubleshoot guide:
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9572 (XP)