"Operating System Not Found" - revisited

Old December 3rd 04, 06:54 PM
seabat

Default "Operating System Not Found" - revisited

Whew what a long road this has been! I finally got info that the drive
is a Fujitsu MHF2043AT. Went to Fujitsu and downloaded their disk
diagnostic and ran and it everything came up roses.

So the only thing that I can think of is that the drive is loose and
not making contact all the time. I have re-seated it and pushed it in
as far as it will go without crushing the drive itself. I tightened
all the little screws around it. I looked at the connector on the
drive and on the laptop but could not see any bent or damaged pins and
no way to make the connection tighter, short of jamming a piece of
wood in there. :P

Fujitse had no FAQ relating to this problem, and their real person
chat seems to be out of commission. Didn't see any email addy.

Oh, yeah, the status code reported by the diagnostic was: B000F4 if
that means anything to anyone.

Thanks for the help.

--
The Seabat
Old December 3rd 04, 07:19 PM
Papa

Had you posted your problem before? No one can tell what you said previously
because you created a new thread this time and few will go to the trouble of
searching the NG for your previous posts, if any. I scanned down the first
screen page of this NG, and saw your ID nowhere.

Old December 3rd 04, 10:17 PM
seabat

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 19:19:01 GMT, "Papa" wrote:

Had you posted your problem before? No one can tell what you said previously
because you created a new thread this time and few will go to the trouble of
searching the NG for your previous posts, if any. I scanned down the first
screen page of this NG, and saw your ID nowhere.

Sorry, posted to the wrong newsgroup. Was supposed to go to laptops
group.

--
The Seabat
Old December 4th 04, 01:45 AM
John Doe

seabat wrote:

Whew what a long road this has been! I finally got info that the
drive is a Fujitsu MHF2043AT. Went to Fujitsu and downloaded their
disk diagnostic and ran and it everything came up roses.
So the only thing that I can think of is that the drive is

Apparently the drive is working just fine. Why wouldn't you accept
the diagnostic results?

Old December 4th 04, 01:25 PM
seabat

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 01:45:06 GMT, John Doe
wrote:

Apparently the drive is working just fine. Why wouldn't you accept
the diagnostic results?

Because every once in a while when I boot it up, I get a "Operating
System Not Found" message. The HD would not show up in the BIOS at
all. It's like it is all there and running 5X5 or there is zilch for a
HD.
Irritating!

--
The Seabat

My system seems to "recover" with great frequency Louise Homebuilt PC's 3 May 17th 04 06:02 AM
io.sys vs BIOS esara Homebuilt PC's 2 April 26th 04 11:40 PM
Multi-boot Windows XP without special software Timothy Daniels General 11 December 12th 03 05:38 AM
ABIT VP6 "ERROR LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM" SiLapuLapu Homebuilt PC's 1 October 14th 03 03:11 PM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan General 35 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM