p4c800 deluxe

Old February 11th 09, 11:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Gin Tonix

Default p4c800 deluxe

peter wrote:
this what your looking for??

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...800-E%20Deluxe

peter

Not necessarily. Note that there are three versions of the mobo: P4C800,
P4C800 Deluxe and P4C800-E Deluxe. There are minor differences between
them, like the network adapter. Mine had the GB Intel non-PCI version
(via chipset SB, IIRC), one of them is GB Marvell PCI version and one is
Intel PCI version. I'm not sure if they all shared the same driver CD.
But the point is that you can still get all the needed drivers from
Asus, you just have to pay attention to where to point your browser.

First, goto http://www.asus.com/index.aspx

There, click "Download"
On the page that opens you can fill in the exact model in the box on the
left. E.g. in my case the model would have been (*sigh*) "P4C800-E
Deluxe", without quotes of course. Then, in the second box select "All".
Then click the button below the boxes, "Search info". Now you are
presented the models your entry fits in. Click the one you have. Now a
stupid animated window opens to ask about yor OS, probably you have to
have the popup windows enabled. Answer that and voilá, you are served
all the files you need. On the other hand, if the CD is what you want,
you won't get it this way. Instead you'll have all the newest stuff.

Oh, one more thing. If you enter just "P4C800" in the box you'll be able
to choose from P4C800, P4C800-E and P4C800-E Deluxe... pick yours.

I still regret selling my beloved P4C800-E Deluxe

Old February 11th 09, 02:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
justin

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:27:59 +0200, Gin Tonix
wrote:

peter wrote:
[...]

Overclocked at about 10% it's still a relevant and stable board.
Old February 11th 09, 04:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Gin Tonix

justin wrote:

Overclocked at about 10% it's still a relevant and stable board.

Only 10%? I had a 30 cap 3,0 Northwood which would run at 3,8GHz stable
with stock voltages Of course I had some BH5 to match and OCZ
Rambooster to keep the juice flowing ( The PSU was some generic (made
by LC Power, I guess) and loud 480W one with two REALLY loud fans but
stable voltages and it ran cool. The vidcard was a Sapphire X850XT..
After that setup I've seen some and put some together and there is only
one which was almost as good a servant: a P4D 945 @4GHz running on an
Abit AW8D. It had some of the nice qualities of the P4C800 but it was a
lot pickier with the RAM and other stuff. I want my P4C800 back!!!

--
gt
Old February 11th 09, 09:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
justin

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:48:22 +0200, Gin Tonix
wrote:

justin wrote:

Overclocked at about 10% it's still a relevant and stable board.

Only 10%? I had a 30 cap 3,0 Northwood which would run at 3,8GHz stable
with stock voltages Of course I had some BH5 to match and OCZ
Rambooster to keep the juice flowing ( The PSU was some generic (made
by LC Power, I guess) and loud 480W one with two REALLY loud fans but
stable voltages and it ran cool. The vidcard was a Sapphire X850XT..
After that setup I've seen some and put some together and there is only
one which was almost as good a servant: a P4D 945 @4GHz running on an
Abit AW8D. It had some of the nice qualities of the P4C800 but it was a
lot pickier with the RAM and other stuff. I want my P4C800 back!!!

Really, I guess I can push it a bit more then. I need reliable
stablility for graphics work.
Old February 21st 09, 04:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
M.A.Elstrom

wrote:

justin wrote:

Overclocked at about 10% it's still a relevant and stable board.

Only 10%? I had a 30 cap 3,0 Northwood which would run at 3,8GHz stable
with stock voltages Of course I had some BH5 to match and OCZ
Rambooster to keep the juice flowing ( The PSU was some generic (made
by LC Power, I guess) and loud 480W one with two REALLY loud fans but
stable voltages and it ran cool. The vidcard was a Sapphire X850XT..
After that setup I've seen some and put some together and there is only
one which was almost as good a servant: a P4D 945 @4GHz running on an
Abit AW8D. It had some of the nice qualities of the P4C800 but it was a
lot pickier with the RAM and other stuff. I want my P4C800 back!!!

Really, I guess I can push it a bit more then. I need reliable
stablility for graphics work.

Yes you can... I've got a 3.4 (SL8K4) running @ 4.12ghz on air. The
ram is the tricky part. I do OK with XMS running on the 320mhz track,
not the 400. Love my P4C800-E Dlx. It seems to run a few things
quicker than my P5W-DH Dlx. QX6700 @ 3.41ghz (310mhz x 11) & Dominator
ram @ 930mhz (FSBRAM = 3:4)...but not many. Both are great boards.