Motherboard for P4.

Old August 1st 04, 09:10 AM
~misfit~

maggot wrote:

I had an AMD761 chipset mb and the only flaky part on it was the VIA
USB controller.

snip

Hey! I got one of those on the shelf! GA-7DXE. Replaced it with an
nForce2Ultra400.
--
~misfit~

Old August 1st 04, 09:25 AM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

Sorry for more then one reply here..

But..
http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/200...caling-09.html

You people still think Intel is better for gaming then AMD??

Denny. :-)

Old August 1st 04, 10:28 AM
Johannes H Andersen

Woger, MKII, @wogerbox.co.nz wrote:

I've used a Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000g with that processor with good
results, the "pro" version should be just as good.

Gigabyte MoBo's do not let you overclock at all, or support faster Memory go
for a Abit..

Gigabyte mobo comes with overclocking software 'EasyTune4' included and a
chapter on overclocking in the mobo manual. However, I only use the diagnostic
functions since I'm not an overclocker and don't recommend it. Unfortunately,
the software doesn't allow me to underclock.
Old August 1st 04, 11:15 AM
David Maynard

Woger wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:36:02 +0100, Steve Pearce
* wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:45:04 GMT, MS
wrote:

Hi,

Having had such great replies about which processor to buy, now is my
chance to ask about which motherboard.

I've decided to get a Pentium 4 3.0E Ghz 800Mhz Prescott CPU, but my
supplier (who will be doing the actual system build) has loads of P4
motherboards. I've narrowed it down to these 9.

I've used a Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000g with that processor with good
results, the "pro" version should be just as good.

Gigabyte MoBo's do not let you overclock at all, or support faster Memory

Needless to say but that statement is simply untrue.

go
for a Abit..

Old August 1st 04, 01:13 PM
BigH2K

"~misfit~" wrote in message
maggot wrote:

I had an AMD761 chipset mb and the only flaky part on it was the VIA
USB controller.

snip

Hey! I got one of those on the shelf! GA-7DXE. Replaced it with an
nForce2Ultra400.
--
~misfit~

Don't talk to me about VIA USB controllers!

---

Old August 1st 04, 02:07 PM
~misfit~

wrote:

Hi,

Having had such great replies about which processor to buy, now is
my chance to ask about which motherboard.

I've decided to get a Pentium 4 3.0E Ghz 800Mhz Prescott CPU, but
my supplier (who will be doing the actual system build) has loads
of P4 motherboards. I've narrowed it down to these 9.

I've used a Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000g with that processor with good
results, the "pro" version should be just as good.

Gigabyte MoBo's do not let you overclock at all, or support faster
Memory

Needless to say but that statement is simply untrue.

Of course it is. Sorry guys, Woger is the village idiot from my local
computer newsgroup, nz.comp, where he has posted under over 100 different
alias' in the last few years as people killfile him. I don't know how he got
out, I thought we had him locked in the basement.
--
~misfit~

Old August 1st 04, 03:41 PM
Dave C.

Yea, he likes to make *ass*umptions about others. VIA has a bad
history and only a dumbass would choose a VIA chipset over the 865 and
875 chipsets for a P4 build.

What do you know that the experts don't? All the experts agree that the
taiwanese chipmakers are holding their own against Intel as far as stability
AND performance goes. I'm waiting . . . enlighten us . . . -Dave

Old August 1st 04, 04:01 PM
JK

Take a look at this review, which includes the lower priced
Athlon 64 chips.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...spx?i=2065&p=1

Old August 1st 04, 06:46 PM
Ralph Wade Phillips

"~misfit~" wrote in message

Of course it is. Sorry guys, Woger is the village idiot from my local
computer newsgroup, nz.comp, where he has posted under over 100 different
alias' in the last few years as people killfile him. I don't know how he

got
out, I thought we had him locked in the basement.

That's what you get for running an unsecured 802.11b node, Misfit.

RwP

Old August 1st 04, 10:03 PM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

Dennis E Strausser Jr wrote:

Sorry for more then one reply here..

But..
http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/200...caling-09.html

You people still think Intel is better for gaming then AMD??

Denny. :-)

Ok, and???
On a lot of tests they keep up well.
Hmm?
FX53 = around 800 or 830$
P4 3.4 C EE 999$
Which would you rather have?
I'm starting to do everything I can think of just to get a FX53, but I
might
just get a FX51 and overclock the **** out of it.
I still have a water cooler, all I need is a new water block and I'm all
set.
Denny.

A7N8X Motherboard Low Temperature Sensitivity, CMOS Checksum Error kony General 6 October 18th 04 05:38 AM
AGP Voltage problem John Overclocking 4 February 29th 04 10:51 AM
AOPEN AX4BS-V MOTHERBOARD - won't boot - won't POST - help please!! lucy General 3 November 29th 03 05:21 AM
I need to replace a bad Asus A7V motherboard David Cook General 1 October 31st 03 01:40 AM
your motherboard redbuffalo003 General 0 September 21st 03 04:08 PM