AV8 Hanging when instllaing XP, help please

Old November 5th 04, 10:23 PM
Cheddar

Default AV8 Hanging when instllaing XP, help please

Anyone ever had this.

Winchester XP3500 shows fine
HD (IDE) is fine
1 512MB chip in 2nd Blue row

I've disbabled boot from SATA and the Promise Chip (Raid) in
the bios. When XP finishes preloading the stuff, it hangs
after I press enter.

Any ideas?

Old November 7th 04, 12:09 AM
Chris

I had a heck of a time with my A8V at first. I finally figured out that I
had to dial the HyperTransport speed down to 600mhz (in BIOS) to get
everything to work properly. I still haven't figured out why, but
everything is working great now. (I also upgraded to the newest BIOS.)
Hope this helps.

modem keeps hanging up James General 0 January 20th 04 02:37 PM
FIC or HIS for a 9600Pro? Phrederick General 8 December 16th 03 12:17 PM
Computer keeps hanging. Roy Homebuilt PC's 2 June 28th 03 04:17 PM
Computer keeps hanging. Adrian General 1 June 28th 03 04:15 PM
A7V133-VM hanging problem Jo Asus Motherboards 3 June 27th 03 10:22 PM