Nero 6 Demo Errors

Old August 2nd 03, 01:27 PM
David Carmichael

Default Nero 6 Demo Errors

Topic: Nero 6.0 Demo Install Strange Error?

Twice now I have uninstalled and tried reinstalling the new demo
of 'Ahead Software's NERO 6 Suite'
And after each install that has wiped out my 'Legal' copy of
"Nero 5.5xxx"
I get the following message when ever I try to access my NEC
DVD+R/RW drive....
: Drive Is In Use By Another Application :
How can I tell what program is using the drive??

Well... for now I have given up on "Nero 6" and reinstall "Nero
5.5" but in doing so I have lost my "HELP" files for "Nero 5.5"
and the 'Ahead' web site currently only offers download of the
new "6.x" help files.

Also it seems that I have lost the built-in "Drag and drop"
feature of WinXP-Home how would I re-enable this feature now that
I had uninstalled "Nero 6" and have reinstalled "Nero 5.5"??

--David

Old August 2nd 03, 01:47 PM
Paul

This seems to be a problem for many people upgrading from Nero 5 to Nero 6.
No definitive answer yet but I had this "drive in use by another
application" error and got rid of it by uninstalling Roxio's Easy CD
Creator - maybe Nero 6 conflicts with this prog or vica versa - anyways I
don't use Easy CD Creator anymore as I never found it reliable Hope this
helps

Paul

This footnote confirms that this email message
has been swept by Norton AntiVirus for the
presence of computer viruses.

This computer is protected
by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector

Old August 2nd 03, 03:02 PM
David Carmichael

Paul -

Thanks for the reply.. but to my knowledge I have never installed
any "Roxio" products... unless it was pre-installed on my
computer as one of the many "Try & Buy" packages that I deleted
when it was purchased a year ago.

--David

Old August 2nd 03, 03:40 PM
mark24951

"Paul" wrote in message
| This seems to be a problem for many people upgrading from Nero
5 to Nero 6.
| No definitive answer yet but I had this "drive in use by
another
| application" error and got rid of it by uninstalling Roxio's
Easy CD
| Creator - maybe Nero 6 conflicts with this prog or vica versa -
anyways I
| don't use Easy CD Creator anymore as I never found it reliable
Hope this
| helps
|
| Paul
|
| ---------------------------------------------------------------
-----

| This footnote confirms that this email message
| has been swept by Norton AntiVirus for the
| presence of computer viruses.
|
| This computer is protected
| by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector
|
| ---------------------------------------------------------------
------

| "David Carmichael" wrote in message
| Topic: Nero 6.0 Demo Install Strange Error?
|
| Twice now I have uninstalled and tried reinstalling the new
demo
| of 'Ahead Software's NERO 6 Suite'
| And after each install that has wiped out my 'Legal' copy of
| "Nero 5.5xxx"
| I get the following message when ever I try to access my NEC
| DVD+R/RW drive....
| : Drive Is In Use By Another Application :
| How can I tell what program is using the drive??
|
| Well... for now I have given up on "Nero 6" and reinstall
"Nero
| 5.5" but in doing so I have lost my "HELP" files for "Nero
5.5"
| and the 'Ahead' web site currently only offers download of
the
| new "6.x" help files.
|
| Also it seems that I have lost the built-in "Drag and drop"
| feature of WinXP-Home how would I re-enable this feature now
that
| I had uninstalled "Nero 6" and have reinstalled "Nero 5.5"??
|
| --David

Another thred on this problem reported that if the burner was the slave
drive that changing it to master fixed the problem on two cd or cd/dvd
system.

Old August 2nd 03, 05:21 PM
Paul

Interesting - I didn't read that thread - another possible cure. Many
people, especially those who "upgrade" to a DVD Burner like myself, will
probably want to retain their existing CD Writer and will sacrifice their CD
Rom or maybe DVD Rom drives to make room. Chances are that they will have
installed it on the same EIDE cable. What is the correct setup? I have my
DVD Writer as Secondary Master, CD Writer as Secondary Slave, with two hard
drives on the other cable. Maybe my CD writer should be on the other cable
instead of my non-system HDD? I know this is changing the goal posts
somewhat on this thread but comments?

I feel this Nero Problem should be sorted once and for all - several
different people have commented on this with several cures. Another one is
not having DMA enabled.

Old August 2nd 03, 05:56 PM
Proto

"Paul" wrote in message
[...]

I have DMA enabled on all my drives but yet I see reference to DMA NOT
being enabled on some of my drives from a cut of the log file from one of my
failed attempts. Does any one care to comment?

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===
DiskPeripheral : WDC WD800JB-00CRA1 atapi Port 0 ID 0
DMA: On
DiskPeripheral : WDC WD1000BB-00CAA0 atapi Port 0 ID 1
DMA: On
CdRomPeripheral : TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1502 atapi Port 1 ID 0
DMA: On
CdRomPeripheral : HP DVD Writer 200j atapi Port 1 ID 1
DMA: On
DiskPeripheral : MAXTOR 6L080J4 A93. ultra Port 2 ID 0
DMA: Off
DiskPeripheral : Maxtor 6Y160P0 YAR4 ultra Port 2 ID 1
DMA: Off
DiskPeripheral : Maxtor 6Y160P0 YAR4 ultra Port 2 ID 2
DMA: Off
DiskPeripheral : Maxtor 6Y120P0 YAR4 ultra Port 2 ID 3
DMA: Off
=======================

And this from the errored try befo

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===
DiskPeripheral : WDC WD800JB-00CRA1 atapi Port 0 ID 0
DMA: On
DiskPeripheral : WDC WD1000BB-00CAA0 atapi Port 0 ID 1
DMA: On
CdRomPeripheral : TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1502 atapi Port 1 ID 0
DMA: Off
CdRomPeripheral : HP DVD Writer 200j atapi Port 1 ID 1
DMA: Off
DiskPeripheral : MAXTOR 6L080J4 A93. ultra Port 2 ID 0
DMA: Off
DiskPeripheral : Maxtor 6Y160P0 YAR4 ultra Port 2 ID 1
DMA: Off
DiskPeripheral : Maxtor 6Y160P0 YAR4 ultra Port 2 ID 2
DMA: Off
DiskPeripheral : Maxtor 6Y120P0 YAR4 ultra Port 2 ID 3
DMA: Off
=======================

Notice the DMA changing from ON to OFF on the DVD-Writer for some reason.

Anyone care to comment?

Proto

Old August 3rd 03, 01:50 PM
Rob

"David Carmichael" wrote in message
gy.com...
Paul -

Thanks for the reply.. but to my knowledge I have never installed
any "Roxio" products... unless it was pre-installed on my
computer as one of the many "Try & Buy" packages that I deleted
when it was purchased a year ago.

Also look for any UDF reader, such as InCD (installed by
default on some Nero 5.x OEM CDs).
HTH
--
Rob

Can't install any OS (hardware fault?) Paul Richard Homebuilt PC's 4 September 27th 03 12:55 PM
nero would only start in nero express... mark24951 Cdr 1 July 29th 03 04:45 AM
Nero Demo KSB Cdr 0 July 26th 03 05:53 PM
Nero 6 - Demo Download -What about serial number? Walt Fles Cdr 2 July 26th 03 04:30 PM
Nero 5.5.10.42 weirdness John Smith Cdr 0 July 25th 03 10:17 PM