Motherboard for P4.

Old July 30th 04, 07:56 PM
maggot

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:27:23 -0400, "Dave C." wrote:

MSI K8T NEO -Dave

VIA? Not in this house.
Old July 30th 04, 08:38 PM
Dave C.

"maggot" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:27:23 -0400, "Dave C." wrote:

MSI K8T NEO -Dave

VIA? Not in this house.

Why? You got something against incredibly high 3DMark scores in an
extremely stable system? -Dave

Old July 30th 04, 08:56 PM
maggot

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 15:38:28 -0400, "Dave C." wrote:

Why? You got something against incredibly high 3DMark scores in an
extremely stable system? -Dave

Bad history with VIA, That's how you lose customers. Anandtech
recommends the Epox 8KDA3+ which is Nforce3 250gb chipset.
Old July 30th 04, 09:28 PM
Ken

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 15:38:28 -0400, "Dave C." wrote:

MSI K8T NEO -Dave

VIA? Not in this house.

Why? You got something against incredibly high 3DMark scores
in an extremely stable system? -Dave

VIA is often very unstable. Very bad reputation.

Old July 30th 04, 10:00 PM
Johannes H Andersen

"Dave C." wrote:

"maggot" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:27:23 -0400, "Dave C." wrote:

MSI K8T NEO -Dave

VIA? Not in this house.

Why? You got something against incredibly high 3DMark scores in an
extremely stable system? -Dave

The small intrinsic speed differences between motherboards means that
manufacturers can sometimes get an edge by fsb trickery. See e.g.

http://www6.tomshardware.com/motherb...trickery_afoot
Old July 30th 04, 10:10 PM
Dave C.

"maggot" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 15:38:28 -0400, "Dave C." wrote:

Why? You got something against incredibly high 3DMark scores in an
extremely stable system? -Dave

Bad history with VIA, That's how you lose customers. Anandtech
recommends the Epox 8KDA3+ which is Nforce3 250gb chipset.

And that's not a bad recommendation. It doesn't necessarily mean that one
is better than the other, though. I see outrageous claims all the time like
"AMD SUCKS" or "AMD ROCKS" or "VIA SUCKS". Claims like that are clearly
based on ignorance. For the most part, AMD is usually a better deal than
Intel, but I'm open-minded enough to build Intel if it's a better value for
what I'm trying to accomplish. Same with via . . . I know there are better
chipsets available, but that doesn't necessarily mean there is anything
wrong with via. My own primary system is an nforce2, but I just built a via
chipset system for a friend of mine, and I'm tempted to steal it. It's THAT
good. Nobody is doing anybody any favors by steering them away from via.
Any system you build with via will work great, as long as you don't make the
common errors that many builders make, such as cheap power supply, no-name
RAM, etc. In short, if you don't like via, learn to build a good system.
If you don't learn to build a good system, don't blame the chipset (or the
CPU or the video card or the ???) for your problems. -Dave

Old July 30th 04, 10:11 PM
Dave C.

VIA is often very unstable. Very bad reputation.

AMD is often very unstable. Very bad reputation. (were you deliberately
trying to sound like an idiot?) -Dave

Old July 30th 04, 10:14 PM
Ken

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 17:11:05 -0400, "Dave C." wrote:

VIA is often very unstable. Very bad reputation.

AMD is often very unstable. Very bad reputation.
(were you deliberately trying to sound like an idiot?) -Dave

No idiot. Only know things.

Old July 30th 04, 10:16 PM
Ken

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 17:11:05 -0400, "Dave C." wrote:

VIA is often very unstable. Very bad reputation.

AMD is often very unstable. Very bad reputation.
(were you deliberately trying to sound like an idiot?) -Dave

No idiot. Only know things.
And never use AMD processors.

Old July 30th 04, 10:20 PM
Tim Auton

Ken wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 17:11:05 -0400, "Dave C." wrote:

VIA is often very unstable. Very bad reputation.

AMD is often very unstable. Very bad reputation.
(were you deliberately trying to sound like an idiot?) -Dave

No idiot. Only know things.

Oooh, can i read your paper on the subject? How large was your sample?

Tim
--
Google is not the only search engine.

A7N8X Motherboard Low Temperature Sensitivity, CMOS Checksum Error kony General 6 October 18th 04 05:38 AM
AGP Voltage problem John Overclocking 4 February 29th 04 11:51 AM
AOPEN AX4BS-V MOTHERBOARD - won't boot - won't POST - help please!! lucy General 3 November 29th 03 06:21 AM
I need to replace a bad Asus A7V motherboard David Cook General 1 October 31st 03 02:40 AM
your motherboard redbuffalo003 General 0 September 21st 03 04:08 PM