Laptop-type keyboard for desktop

Old February 24th 06, 09:50 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Default Laptop-type keyboard for desktop

After replacing Palindr?me with a small shell script on Friday 24 Feb
2006 09:04, the following appeared on stdout:

I routed a 3/4" half-round groove around the edges of mine. So all the
odd resistors, screws, pens, left-handed sprodgets, that used to
migrate to heaven knows where, now are easily found. A bit like a
carpenter's "step-down" bench but less so. But the top of the bench is
one big anti-static mat - that open weave non-slip stuff is a good
insulator, unfortunately..

The one covered in non-slip stuff is where things get mended to bits.
Generally amateur radio equipment, although the odd telly and video has
been known to have its entrails laid bare on there, leaving a few
passives embedded in the foam to stick in my hand the next time I lean
on it.

Next to it is a static safe area where the computer kit gets built. I
have spent far too many hours repairing internal doors where keyboard
shaped holes have mysteriously appeared due to crashes caused by faulty
memory to even attempt a build without precautions. Not that I have a
temper, you understand... ;-)
--
Chronos

Old February 24th 06, 10:22 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Chronos wrote:
After replacing Parish with a small shell script on Friday 24 Feb 2006
09:24, the following appeared on stdout:

This one?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...oards&doy=24m2

Yep, that's the one I'll probably end up trying out.

a black one that feels just like a Toshiba keyboard

This one?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...oards&doy=24m2

Actually, that one felt a little flimsy. I didn't know it had EL
backlighting, either. This is the one I thought felt like the keyboard
on my Satellite 4060:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...oards&doy=24m2

It's not full size, but it felt rather better than the full sized "super
flat" job they had on display.

This one looks OK too
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...88&criter ia=

Parish

Old February 24th 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

After replacing Parish with a small shell script on Friday 24 Feb 2006
10:22, the following appeared on stdout:

This one looks OK too

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...88&criter ia=

I saw that one, but I must admit to not having a prod at it, so I can't
really comment on its feel. If it's anything like the one with the
GlidePoint, though, it should be fine.
--
Chronos