Sometimes Boot Problem

Old January 21st 06, 07:36 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default Sometimes Boot Problem

Sometimes when powering on my HP Pavillion ZE4500 laptop it boots fine
and other times it hangs at the HP INVENT screen
..Another power off and it will boot fine most times. Sometimes I have
to power off and on a number of times. What can be the cause?

Mel
Old January 22nd 06, 06:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

"Mel" wrote in message
Sometimes when powering on my HP Pavillion ZE4500 laptop it boots fine
and other times it hangs at the HP INVENT screen
.Another power off and it will boot fine most times. Sometimes I have
to power off and on a number of times. What can be the cause?

Mel

Honestly, just about anything can be the cause. It could be RAM, the
motherboard, the hard drive, Windows itself or even something as simple as a
modem or LAN card. If you're willing to go through the time and trouble
yourself, download some testing software and run them.

For simplicity's sake, I'd recommend getting a copy of the Ultimate Boot CD
(www.ubcd.com). It's an ISO that contains hard drive diagnostic tools, RAM
testing tools and more, and is bootable. I use it a lot in conjuction with
several other tools at work, and has been extremely useful. Of course,
there's other tools out there, but that's all you need at this stage to help
determine the problem.