Replacing HardDrive on DeskPro 2000 6266MMX

Old April 8th 05, 07:26 AM
daljaxon

Default Replacing HardDrive on DeskPro 2000 6266MMX

I need a little advice.

I put in a 6.4 gig hd in the pc, but the boot sequence wont run the
boot disk I have in it. I press F1 to get into setup, but the pc does
not go into it. A cursor just flashes on the left side of the screen.

I am using a window 98SE boot disk set up for large hard drives.

When reattaching the older hard drive, it will boot to the boot disk,
I figure that is due to the bios info on the hard drive partitiion.
The original hard drive works fine with no visible problems, so I
figure there must be a process in changing the hd out.

So my question is, how do I change out the hard drive?

The original is 3.2 gigs and I want to put in a little larger hard
drive.

The pc is a Compaq DP2000 6266MMX running windows NT.
I am replacing the original 3.2 gig hd with a 6.4 gig and putting
windows 98SE os in it.

Thanks,
Daljaxon

Old April 8th 05, 11:46 AM
HH

Check the FAQ on entering the BIOS.

HH

news:d623f$42562417$455da0d2$31648@allthenewsgroup s.com...

Old April 14th 05, 10:06 PM
Dr Gordon Crowbar

"daljaxon" wrote in message
[...]

You first need to download the ultility to create a diagnostic/setup
partition.

Those machines keep the system setup on a special partition that won't exist
on your new disk.

If the machine won't boot to the floppy that the util creates, reset the
jumper on the motherboard to make the a: drive the 1st boot drive.

It will be F10 to enter the setup after that.