Burner problem

Old April 7th 05, 03:49 AM
Beowulfie

Default Burner problem

I've got a Presario 5008sr and I just added a dvd/cd burner. The player
seems to work ok and the reader loaded the software fine but when I tried to
burn a short dvd with some clips I had it ended in error. I also added 256
memory to the 128 that I already had.
I was using Nero 3 that came with the burner.
Would the memory be a problem?
Do I need to add more?
Can someone tell me how to find out what went wrong and how not to have it
happen again?

BsT

Old April 8th 05, 01:26 AM
Beowulfie

Never mind. I have come to the conclusion that my machine isn't strong
enough to run the burner so I have reinstalled my old cd burner and am
returning the dvd burner and will simply wait until I can afford a stronger
machine that will include a dvd burner.
Oh, well.

BsT

"HH" wrote in message
What specific error???

HH

Old April 8th 05, 03:13 AM
Ben Myers

Yes, at 933MHz, your system may well be unable to keep up with the burn rate of
the DVD burner. Several things to consider:

1. More memory. The original 128MB shipped with the system is not good for
much.
2. Slow the burn rate down. That may enable you to burn DVDs.
3. Which operating system? 98 and Me are pretty inadequate for DVD burning.

.... Ben Myers

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 18:26:43 -0600, "Beowulfie" wrote:

Never mind. I have come to the conclusion that my machine isn't strong
enough to run the burner so I have reinstalled my old cd burner and am
returning the dvd burner and will simply wait until I can afford a stronger
machine that will include a dvd burner.
Oh, well.

BsT

"HH" wrote in message
What specific error???

HH

cd burner problem Eric General 0 February 6th 05 03:40 PM
GP6-300 Power Supply, Radeon video problem Marty Gateway Computers 2 January 6th 05 02:16 AM
GP6-300 Power Supply, Radeon video problem Marty Gateway Computers 4 December 12th 04 10:32 PM
Really WEIRD problem! TMack Ati Videocards 4 April 12th 04 04:30 AM
BackUp MyPC: How to Slow Down the CD Burner? JamesDad Cdr 5 October 29th 03 05:10 AM