4220t armada worth ?

Old April 30th 04, 05:27 PM

Default 4220t armada worth ?

Hi, I really don't know a whole lot about use prices for laptops, I have
a chance to get a 4220t Armada with a be that holds the cd-rom and
battery with JLB speakers, bateries are ion-lithium, screen is tft ad
looks good, ram is maxed out at 96mb, floppy drive, a mini marble size
tracking ball has been installed, and there is a US Robotics 56k modem.
The person wants $200 for this set up, I would use it mainly for web
browsing while laying down.
Is this a fair price or should I look for something with a built-in
cd-rom. It is a Pentuim mmx.
Thanks, Pip

Old April 30th 04, 06:07 PM
Kevin Childers

Try Ebay as they have one listed there.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&rd=1&tc=photo

Also you might check the individual cost for the peripherals.

KC

Old May 1st 04, 12:07 AM
Tom Scales

No.
Decent machine, but too old to be reliable. Screen is likely close to shot,
hinges are almost guaranteed to me. Processor is slow -- original pentium.

Save you moeny for a decent, modern one.

Tom

Old May 1st 04, 07:59 AM

Guys, thanks for your replies, but $200 is the limit, I guess a better
question would be, given just a $200 budget could I do better.

Pip

Old May 1st 04, 11:46 AM
Tom Scales

Well, the newer the better. Laptops don't age gracefully. That's why I'd
recommend against a 4220 -- a 1997 vintage.

Just browse ebay and look at what's available. $200 is going to be tough.

Old May 1st 04, 03:45 PM
Kevin Childers

Last I saw up for auction on Ebay was about $60.00.

KC

Old May 2nd 04, 04:33 AM

Thanks Tom, so if $200 is all I have to spend, then it might not be a
bad deal after all.
Pip

Old May 2nd 04, 11:29 AM
Tom Scales

True. Check the hinges and make sure the screen works perfectly.
wrote in message
Thanks Tom, so if $200 is all I have to spend, then it might not be a
bad deal after all.
Pip

FA: 3 Compaq Armada M700 laptops - GREAT PRICE! FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA!!! TrueAmerican General 1 December 5th 04 05:20 AM
Are cpu shims worth using? Jim General 4 April 11th 04 04:10 PM
Are cpu shims worth using? Jim Homebuilt PC's 1 April 11th 04 04:00 PM
Armada M700 - worth loading XP? Jonathan E Compaq Computers 6 February 25th 04 09:46 AM
Compaq EVO & Armada 65W AC Adapter 239704-001 $10+ship Dave & Daphne Schertzer Compaq Computers 0 February 12th 04 02:37 AM