Deleting SYSTEM_SAV Partition on Presario 5000

Old December 30th 03, 07:58 AM
atxlatino

Default Deleting SYSTEM_SAV Partition on Presario 5000

I need more HD space and wanted to know whether I could delete the
System_sav partition on my compaq and have no problems LATER
considering that:

1) I am running Win XP and have my disc for reinstalltion
2) I hate ME and dont ever want to use it again

Now If I run into trouble down the line, and want to do a fresh
install of my OS, (you know, deleting EVERything and getting it
running as smooth as a baby's butt OS), I want to know whether I can
just do a fresh install using my XP disc...(having the system_sav
partition already deleted), Or... would I actually need to install all
that WinME crap all over again BEFORE, and then upgrading it to
XP...sounds like too much trouble to go through? I hate all the excess
baggage that comes with it ME anyways, too much advertising crap.
Anyone done this yet?

Also:
If I have the 2 compaq quick recovery CDs that came with my PC, would
that be good enough of an "insurance" for me? In case I try this
myself and just f*** it all up you know? Just in case no one knows my
first question or has never tried it...im thinking those quick
recovery disks have the same data as system_sav...but not completely
sure...I'd appreciate any help, THANKS!

Old December 31st 03, 12:28 AM
The Kruegers

As long as you have a FULL version of XP and not an update, you should be
OK. If you have the UPGRADE of XP, if you were to restore your HD you'd have
to run your CDs with ME, then run XP update all over again. But why would
you ever want to do a fresh install of your OS? People like to use those
recovery discs like candy.

om...

Old January 9th 04, 08:17 AM
andrew2000

you can no prob, except quick restore disk will no longer work, will have to
do a complete windows install next time, with Microsoft windows disk.

om...