What is Ptsnoop?

Old November 9th 03, 04:57 AM
WildViper1978

Default What is Ptsnoop?

I have just gotten a Compaq Presario 7360 Desktop and I noticed that when I
disable all my start-up items Ptsnoop and Country Selection are rechecked when
I reboot, I have found that there is a trojan called ptsnoop but there also a
ptsnoop program for modems with the same name, Which I have a HSP56 Micro Modem
and have found that they do you these two, Ptsnoop and Country Selection. But
what I really need to know is what is the file size of Ptsnoop for the modem.
Because I have run AVG anti-virus and it found nothing! And I would hate to
download Norton Trial when it could just be for the modem! So if anyone knows
what the Ptsnoop file size that goes with the HSP56 I would be greatful to
know.

T.I.A. G-

Old November 9th 03, 05:08 AM
Craig

"WildViper1978" wrote in message
[...]

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/ptsnoop.shtml

Suggest you run a firewall if your not already.

Craig