Shutting off the Sata request at boot-A7N8X-E Deluxe

Old February 29th 04, 08:00 PM
Clarity

Default Shutting off the Sata request at boot-A7N8X-E Deluxe

Is there a way to shut off the request for the cntrl s request for sata when
it boots? Can't find anything in the bios or manual.
Thanks

Old February 29th 04, 08:16 PM
Ben Pope

Clarity wrote:
Is there a way to shut off the request for the cntrl s request for sata
when it boots? Can't find anything in the bios or manual.
Thanks

I'm not sure I follow what you wish to do.

If you wish to disable the SATA controller, there is a jumper for doing
so... check the manual.

If you wish to get rid of the message, but still have SATA, you're out of
luck.

Ben

Old February 29th 04, 09:13 PM
Clarity

Well...I'm just runnin' two ide standard 7200 wd drives and don't need it to
check sata. Guess it's the jumper on the motherboard to disable it. If I
do, that won't affect my ide drives will it?
Thanks

Old February 29th 04, 10:45 PM
DL

The sata jumper is set to enable (Default) or disable - I ran mine disabled
untill I installed serial drives

Old February 29th 04, 11:23 PM
Ben Pope

Clarity wrote:
Well...I'm just runnin' two ide standard 7200 wd drives and don't need it
to check sata. Guess it's the jumper on the motherboard to disable it.
If I do, that won't affect my ide drives will it?

Not unless they're plugged into the SATA controller with adapters.

Ben