A7N8X Deluxe: DDR Brand and Grade Advice Requested

Old November 13th 03, 03:45 PM
Joe L

Default A7N8X Deluxe: DDR Brand and Grade Advice Requested

I am upgrading from an Abit KT7A-Raid. There is a computer show this weekend
and I will likely pickup an A7N8X Deluxe (v2). To save a few bucks I will be
using the Athlon 2100+ Palomino from the old board (for now) but because the
old moboard took SDRAM I will be needing some DDR

As with the cpu I am looking to save a few bucks with the ram. I intend to
get two 256MB sticks but would like some advice as to brand and grade. I
have never been much into overclocking.so I figure I don't need the "best"
ram but past compatibility troubles with the cheaper ram has me a little gun
shy.

Any recommendations for a good brand and grade of DDR that will keep damage
to the beer budget to a minimum?

Any advice appreciated

Old November 13th 03, 04:11 PM
AJ

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:45:10 -0500, "Joe L"
wrote:

I am upgrading from an Abit KT7A-Raid. There is a computer show this weekend
and I will likely pickup an A7N8X Deluxe (v2). To save a few bucks I will be
using the Athlon 2100+ Palomino from the old board (for now) but because the
old moboard took SDRAM I will be needing some DDR

As with the cpu I am looking to save a few bucks with the ram. I intend to
get two 256MB sticks but would like some advice as to brand and grade. I
have never been much into overclocking.so I figure I don't need the "best"
ram but past compatibility troubles with the cheaper ram has me a little gun
shy.

Any recommendations for a good brand and grade of DDR that will keep damage
to the beer budget to a minimum?

Any advice appreciated

Elixir runs perfect on that board.
This company has a great reseller rating and has a Yahoo 5 star
rating. Get 3200 for stability and so you can upgrade the CPU later.
$39 shipped free snai mail. Arrives in about one week.
http://www.ms4me.com/mo25pc4ddrme.html
------------
When your PC gives a little they give a lot.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/disco
Old November 13th 03, 05:33 PM
dgk

wrote:

I am upgrading from an Abit KT7A-Raid. There is a computer show this weekend
and I will likely pickup an A7N8X Deluxe (v2). To save a few bucks I will be
using the Athlon 2100+ Palomino from the old board (for now) but because the
old moboard took SDRAM I will be needing some DDR

As with the cpu I am looking to save a few bucks with the ram. I intend to
get two 256MB sticks but would like some advice as to brand and grade. I
have never been much into overclocking.so I figure I don't need the "best"
ram but past compatibility troubles with the cheaper ram has me a little gun
shy.

Any recommendations for a good brand and grade of DDR that will keep damage
to the beer budget to a minimum?

Any advice appreciated

He
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/forumd... 7&forumid=22

Check the first sticky. It probably won't help the beer budget. The
idea with the dual memory things is to put one stick in slot 3 and one
in either 1 or 2.