Nero software question

Old January 21st 05, 10:17 PM
Dan

Default Nero software question

I have Nero 5.5 installed on my computer now and it works fine. I'm going to
buy my first dvd burner and it comes with Nero software. Do I need to
uninstall the old software first,or will the new Nero just install over the
old? This might be a simple question, but I'm new at this. I'm thinking of
buying a Lite-On burner. Is this a good choice or would you suggest
something else? Thanks for your help.
Dan

Old January 21st 05, 11:19 PM
John H.

Dan wrote:
I have Nero 5.5 installed on my computer now and it works fine. I'm going to
buy my first dvd burner and it comes with Nero software. Do I need to
uninstall the old software first,or will the new Nero just install over the
old? This might be a simple question, but I'm new at this. I'm thinking of
buying a Lite-On burner. Is this a good choice or would you suggest
something else? Thanks for your help.
Dan

get the liteon 1633 newegg has it for 66.00 free shipping.I got one about a month ago

and I like it real well.It comes with nero 6.0 software
John.H.

--

* Magic Is Believing In Yourself*

*if you can do that*

* You Can Make Anything Happen *

Old January 22nd 05, 05:19 AM
Patty

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:17:04 GMT, Dan wrote:

I have Nero 5.5 installed on my computer now and it works fine. I'm going to
buy my first dvd burner and it comes with Nero software. Do I need to
uninstall the old software first,or will the new Nero just install over the
old? This might be a simple question, but I'm new at this. I'm thinking of
buying a Lite-On burner. Is this a good choice or would you suggest
something else? Thanks for your help.
Dan

I uninstalled my Nero 5.5 before installing the 6.0. Don't remember if I
read on the Nero site to do that or not. Figured it wouldn't hurt to do it
that way.

Patty
Old January 22nd 05, 07:18 AM
Graham Mayor

The Lite-on works for me
As for Nero, if yours is a full version then it will probably work with the
burner as it is. If you install the OEM supplied with the burner it will
probably not work with your CDR burner, and you cannot have both installed.

--

Graham Mayor

Old January 22nd 05, 07:32 PM
Trev

"Dan" wrote in message
I have Nero 5.5 installed on my computer now and it works fine. I'm going
to buy my first dvd burner and it comes with Nero software. Do I need to
uninstall the old software first,or will the new Nero just install over the
old? This might be a simple question, but I'm new at this. I'm thinking of
buying a Lite-On burner. Is this a good choice or would you suggest
something else? Thanks for your help.
Dan

You might want to keep 5.5 and not install 6

Old January 23rd 05, 01:03 AM
Dan

The version of Nero that I have now came with the cd burner. I think it will
only work with this burner. I really like the wave editor in 5.5. Does Nero
Suite that comes with the dvd burner contain the same wave editor?
Thanks to those that responded.
Dan

Old January 23rd 05, 05:07 AM
mike

Graham Mayor wrote:
The Lite-on works for me
As for Nero, if yours is a full version then it will probably work with the
burner as it is. If you install the OEM supplied with the burner it will
probably not work with your CDR burner, and you cannot have both installed.

I had the same problem. Had two CD burners and no way to enable them
both. The supplied NERO was burner specific. Fixed the problem by
using an OEM code that supported everything. The support is all in
there, they just won't let you access it.
mike

--
Return address is VALID.
http://nm7u.tripod.com/homepage/te.html

Old January 23rd 05, 05:36 AM
Patty

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 01:03:28 GMT, Dan wrote:

The version of Nero that I have now came with the cd burner. I think it will
only work with this burner. I really like the wave editor in 5.5. Does Nero
Suite that comes with the dvd burner contain the same wave editor?
Thanks to those that responded.
Dan

There is a Wave Editor in Nero 6. Not sure if it's the same as what was in
Nero 5.5 since I only had Nero Express 5.5 which came with my CD-R burner
and if it had a Wave Editor, I never used it.

Patty
Old January 23rd 05, 07:52 AM
Graham Mayor

I note that you are in the UK. The versions of Nero 6 supplied with Lite-on
DVD writers in the UK do have the editor WAV editor, but are limited to the
Nero Express interface. if you want the full deal you'll have to buy the
package. You can continue to use 5.5 that you are familiar with and it will
probably work with the LiteOn DVD writer, though you may need to update it
to the last version of 5.5 and obtain a full serial for it to release the
additional functionality. Version 6 is only version 5.5 with a few whistles
primarily concerned with improving security to minimise serial number piracy
that was rampant with version 5.5. The program gets bigger and fatter but
not necessarily better.

--

Graham Mayor

"Dan" wrote in message
I have Nero 5.5 installed on my computer now and it works fine. I'm
going to buy my first dvd burner and it comes with Nero software.
Do I need to uninstall the old software first,or will the new Nero
just install over the old? This might be a simple question, but I'm
new at this. I'm thinking of buying a Lite-On burner. Is this a
good choice or would you suggest something else? Thanks for your
help.
Dan

You might want to keep 5.5 and not install 6

Newbie Question re hardware vs software RAID Gilgamesh General 44 November 22nd 04 10:52 PM
Cheap Copies: A Risky Bargain Ablang General 0 July 25th 04 04:18 AM
Freedom: Coming to a Windows Box Near You Ablang General 0 June 30th 04 03:04 AM
OEM Nero 5.5 version question T009 Cdr 2 January 7th 04 04:35 PM
Nero 6 Upgrade Question wamaruna Cdr 2 January 3rd 04 02:26 AM