SACD question

Old January 19th 05, 05:49 AM
Feverish

Default SACD question

I bought Sting's Sacred Love CD, only it was an SACD. It plays fine on my
CD player, but NOT on my computer, and I can't "rip" the tracks to put on my
iPod. Any workaround?

--
Les R
All Outgoing Mail screened with NAV

Old January 19th 05, 08:07 AM
Graham Mayor

If all else fails, connect the line output of the CD player to the line
input of the PC and record it in real time - see
http://www.gmayor.com/CDR_Pages.htm (first item).

--

Graham Mayor

Old January 19th 05, 02:08 PM
James Perrett

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:49:03 -0700, Feverish
wrote:

I bought Sting's Sacred Love CD, only it was an SACD. It plays fine on
my
CD player, but NOT on my computer, and I can't "rip" the tracks to put
on my
iPod. Any workaround?

Use another program to rip the tracks - the copy protection often works by
adding a second session to the CD which confuses the computer. Decent
ripping software will have a setting to force the computer to look only at
the first session.

Cheers.

James.
Old January 21st 05, 06:16 PM
jack

Feverish wrote:
: I bought Sting's Sacred Love CD, only it was an SACD. It plays
: fine on my CD player, but NOT on my computer, and I can't "rip" the
: tracks to put on my iPod. Any workaround?

Read this thread:
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread...threadid=46159

Learn how to use Exact Audio Copy (EAC), and rip the (real) tracks to your
HD. From there, you should be able to burn them to a CD and use normally.

Later, drop a line to the cocksucking producer of the CD, and tell them to
stick their god-damned copy protection nonsense up their ass. Jesus, this
sort of **** really ****es me off!! Later.

J.

Old January 29th 05, 06:25 AM
Feverish

AudioGrabber worked.
As far as the rest of your reply, is it really necessary to use that kind of
language in THIS setting?

Old February 2nd 05, 12:44 AM
Alan

When talking about preventing us from making our one legal backup? And
trying to prevent you from playing them on your iPod - then YES