clicking sounds

Old November 2nd 04, 04:15 PM
Developwebsites

Default clicking sounds

I had copied a cd to my hd using nero in wav format.
when I listened to the songs I heard clicking, popping,
crackling noises which ruined the copy.
the same could be heard on the cdr thru the speakers even
if i copied cd to cd.
what causes it?

Old November 2nd 04, 07:49 PM
Troy

Most likely its your CD rom.Your CD rom is probably not very good a
ripping,is it an older one?,slowing the rip speed down can help also (if you
can do this)

If you have another reader or writer in the computer try ripping from it.If
not I highly recomend a plextor as they are the best for audio extraction.

Good luck

Old November 2nd 04, 07:54 PM
Graham Mayor

If the clicks were also on the hard drive version, this is typical of poor
extraction. You need more capable ripping software and/or a cleaner source
disc. I can't do much about the latter, but for the former try Exact Audio
Copy, which will alert you if there is a problem.

If the clicks are only on the final copy, this is indicative of poor media
compatibility and/or poor choice of write speed.

--

Graham Mayor

Clicking Hard Drive Shadow_>>> General 6 July 27th 04 05:12 AM
Clicking noise on a dead hard drive TJM Homebuilt PC's 6 May 14th 04 08:11 PM
Audio sounds dull with Nero after v5.5.9.14 Ralph Cdr 2 January 26th 04 08:27 AM
lost system sounds in P200 Packard Bell, need help ~A_Sammy Homebuilt PC's 11 December 3rd 03 09:42 PM
Problems with some sounds - not others. bg Homebuilt PC's 1 September 28th 03 06:17 PM