Any Experiences With These Duplicators?

Old October 15th 04, 01:20 AM
Michael Anderson

Default Any Experiences With These Duplicators?

I am researching the following duplicators and am hoping someone here has
had experiences with using these models. The unit would be used mainly for
duplicating data CD's that contain files in EBCDIC format. Currently, we
make one at a time and I usually have to burn at 4x speed to guarantee a
good copy. We make about 20 masters every month and for each master we make
5 to 20 copies. This would probably be a stand-alone unit..no need to
connect to a PC.

The price is what my company would pay for the unit and I only have access
to purchase one of these brands/models.

Thanks,
-Mike

Mfr: Kanguru
$923.84
Mfr: U2-CDDUP-1752

Mfr: Alera
$918.50
Mfr #: 260109

Mfr: MicroBoards
$1056.41
Mfr #: CWT-852

Mfr: Alera
$976.57
Mfr #: 260122

Mfr: MicroBoards
$986.92
Mfr #: CWT-752

Mfr: MicroBoards
$950.04
Mfr #: CWT-652

Mfr: MicroBoards
$1080.00
Mfr #: CWT-1052

Old October 15th 04, 09:40 PM
Troy

Hi

I own a CD Duplication company.We use rimage automated systems with
automated thermal CD printer for the most part.I have used microboards
equipment before and it worked well.

There are some cheaper solutions available that work just as good as the
units you mentioned.

Have a look at Sandy Yangs duplicators on ebay.

http://stores.ebay.com/Sandys-Media-...plicator-SONY-
52x_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZ1QQsclZallQQsotimedisplayZ2QQtZ km

These will work every bit as good as almost all CD burners now a days are
IDE anyways.I recomend getting one with a hard drive so you can store
masters if you need to.Also it is best to burn from the HD rather than the
CD ROM.

Use good media and don't burn at 52X. 16 to 24 X should work fine.We burn
audio at 12X and we have no problems.

Good Luck

--
Thanks
Troy Tremblay

Old October 19th 04, 06:12 AM
Michael Anderson

"Troy" wrote in message
[...]

Troy,

Thanks for your input. The company I work for has a pre-arranged deal with
CDW, including which products we can order from them, so I am not able to
purchase just any brand.

We could buy the Rimage brand, however, they are quite a bit more expensive
and do a lot more than what we really need.

I will probably go with the 11 drive Microboard.

Thanks again,
-Mike