ImageDrive 2.25 from NERO 6.3.0.0

Old December 16th 03, 12:08 AM
Brian Gregory [UK]

Default ImageDrive 2.25 from NERO 6.3.0.0

ImageDrive 2.25 from NERO 6.3.0.0

Anyone else finding this prevents Windows XP (SP1) booting after
enabling it ???

--

Brian Gregory (In the UK).

Old December 16th 03, 10:34 PM
Paul Murphy

I've had problems galore with Nero 6.3.0.0 and my Win2k fresh install. The
previous version was comparitively much more reliable. Unfortunately I don't
use Image drive so cant comment on that. I presume you can still use Windows
by safe booting and uninstalling Nero 6.3 'til its fixed? My issues relate
to InCD faults, slow downs and NeroVision Express 2 (won't work at all now
with my ATI All In Wonder card - previously just no sound). I'm going to ask
Ahead for the previous download so I can install that version until they
release a "fixed" update.

Paul Murphy (also in the UK)
(spam resistant email address)

"Brian Gregory [UK]" wrote in message
"Brian Gregory [UK]" wrote in message
ImageDrive 2.25 from NERO 6.3.0.0

Anyone else finding this prevents Windows XP (SP1) booting after
enabling it ???

Alternatively, is anyone with Windows XP having no problems with
ImageDrive 2.25 ??

--

Brian Gregory (In the UK).

Old December 17th 03, 12:10 AM
Brian Gregory [UK]

"Paul Murphy" wrote in message
I still have Nero 6.3.0.0 and all the new stuff installed at the moment
but I mustn't enable Image Drive.

Boot to last known working configuration recovers things if you do
enable ImageDrive but seems to backdate an awful lots of stuff as well.
I needed to re-install Windows Media Player 9 and about 15 old things
from Windows update to get my PC back as it was.

--

Brian Gregory (In the UK).

Old December 17th 03, 12:28 PM
Trev

"Brian Gregory [UK]" wrote in message
"Paul Murphy" wrote in message
I still have Nero 6.3.0.0 and all the new stuff installed at the

moment
but I mustn't enable Image Drive.

Boot to last known working configuration recovers things if you do
enable ImageDrive but seems to backdate an awful lots of stuff as

well.
I needed to re-install Windows Media Player 9 and about 15 old things
from Windows update to get my PC back as it was.

In my Xp, if image drive is enabled boot up stops saying there is
nothing in image drive. Which is why I have it disabled Via Device
manager

Old December 17th 03, 11:58 PM
Brian Gregory [UK]

"Trev" wrote in message
In my Xp, if image drive is enabled boot up stops saying there is
nothing in image drive. Which is why I have it disabled Via Device
manager

Uh, why not just disable it with the button that says disable
ImageDrive?

Any idea what it's trying to tell you when it says there is nothing in
it?
It's not just telling you that the image file you chose is no longer
there is it?

--

Brian Gregory (In the UK).

Old December 23rd 03, 12:58 PM
Brian Gregory [UK]

"Pat" wrote in message
Have the same problem. Have to boot last known good config to

recover.

Good, it's not just me then.

Have you tried to report it to Ahead?

I did but they just keep telling me to install the latest version and I
keep telling them it is the latest version.

--

Brian Gregory (In the UK).

Old December 24th 03, 03:32 AM
Pat

Sure have but have not heard anythiing yet. Saw a couple more with the
same problem here :

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread...threadid=81887

Old December 24th 03, 11:33 AM
Brian Gregory [UK]

"Pat" wrote in message
Sure have but have not heard anythiing yet. Saw a couple more with

the
same problem here :

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread...threadid=81887

Ah thanks.