Skips in Audio CD's

Old July 15th 03, 03:44 AM
Fubar1000

Default Skips in Audio CD's

I have a Plextor 24/10/40A using Nero 5.5 . Often when I make audio CD's
I'll have maybe one or two skips on the CD. Not bad, but I'm just wondering
what could be causing it.I use good media and have nothing running in the
background when I burn.

Old July 15th 03, 04:24 AM
Tim Kroesen

Have you checked the DAE of your source drive? Use the Nero or any
other appropriate utility with a full disc.

Tim K

Old July 15th 03, 04:38 AM
Fubar1000

Actually, it has happened lately when making audio CD's from mp3's stored on
the hard drive.I remember having some trouble when going audio CD to audio
CD as well, though.

Old July 15th 03, 08:40 AM
Graham Mayor

If the source material (mp3) is sound and the DAE of the reader up to
scratch them skipping on the written discs is almost certainly a media
issue. Try different media and/or slower write speeds.

--

Graham Mayor

-