Zalman CNPS7000-AlCu- Heatsink Protected?

Old August 8th 04, 02:41 AM
QZ

Default Zalman CNPS7000-AlCu- Heatsink Protected?

Regarding the Zalman CNPS7000-AlCu (*not* CNPS7000*A*-AlCu), does it come
with a protective plastic layer on the bottom of the heatsink, to prevent
scratchs?

The reviews and vendor listings I have seen, some appear to have plastic,
some don't have plastic, that were still in the package. Maybe it is region
specific?

I got a USA OEM version that has faint scratchs that can be seen under
light. If it should have had a plastic layer, I will consider returning it.

Thanks,
QZ

Old August 8th 04, 10:15 PM
h2so4

I guess that all the technical high flyers here are at this very moment
wrestling with the complex issue you raise. Perhaps they'll answer just as
soon as they crack the mystery and agree on a consensus view. However, I
wouldn't hold your breathe if I were you.

Old August 10th 04, 01:04 PM

"QZ" nothing wrote:

Regarding the Zalman CNPS7000-AlCu (*not* CNPS7000*A*-AlCu), does it come
with a protective plastic layer on the bottom of the heatsink, to prevent
scratchs?

The reviews and vendor listings I have seen, some appear to have plastic,
some don't have plastic, that were still in the package. Maybe it is region
specific?

I got a USA OEM version that has faint scratchs that can be seen under
light. If it should have had a plastic layer, I will consider returning it.

Thanks,
QZ

None of the 3 I have came with plastic on them.

Old August 11th 04, 01:28 AM
QZ

" wrote in message
"QZ" nothing wrote:
Regarding the Zalman CNPS7000-AlCu (*not* CNPS7000*A*-AlCu), does it come
with a protective plastic layer on the bottom of the heatsink, to prevent
scratchs?

The reviews and vendor listings I have seen, some appear to have plastic,
some don't have plastic, that were still in the package. Maybe it is

region
specific?

I got a USA OEM version that has faint scratchs that can be seen under
light. If it should have had a plastic layer, I will consider returning

it.

None of the 3 I have came with plastic on them.

From searching, I found that the retail version is suspended in the air of a
plastic bubble, to prevent scratches.
And, the OEM version sits on cardboard, therefore, it must have a plastic
layer to prevent scratches, as seen on Zalman's site.

Old August 12th 04, 01:53 AM
Oko

I have the Zalman CNPS 7000 -Cu installed and it did not have any
plastic at the base of the heat sink. Instead, it came with a heat
sink thermal grease . The base finish wasn't mirror perfect either.
I have mine installed on an ASUS P4T533-C board with P4 3.06 G CPU.
My board with is running at 27 C and CPU 37 C as I am writing this
post. (MBM 5).

Old August 13th 04, 03:05 AM
Noozer

Regarding the Zalman CNPS7000-AlCu (*not* CNPS7000*A*-AlCu), does it come
with a protective plastic layer on the bottom of the heatsink, to prevent
scratchs?

No plastic other than the packaging it comes in... The metal is bare. It's
also not very flat. You can run your fingernail over it and hear the machine
marks.

I'm going to pick up a bit of ultrafine sandpaper and try and smooth this
thing out before I mount it.