Armada 7350 MT Setup

Old November 13th 08, 07:05 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Tom Anderson

Default Armada 7350 MT Setup

Hi. I have just aquired a free 7350. It needs some TLC. I would like to know
how to get to the BIOS setup. I have heard references to F10 at logo screen,
but no logo screen appears on this one. The first thing I see at boot is
65XXXX free, then, "Starting Windows98". That's it. F10 doesn't do a thing.
I looked on the HP site for a manual, but the download link seems to be dead.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.
TA

Old November 13th 08, 11:41 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Kevin Childers

I think on some older models it may be F1 (wiser minds may have more info).
Try just tapping the key a few times at it boots. Or just go to the web
site and do a model look up, Just did the same for an old Compaq 5441 I
inherited by default. Looked it up as part of the update BIOS process.

KMC

Old November 13th 08, 04:24 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
- Bobb -

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
Hi. I have just aquired a free 7350. It needs some TLC. I would like to
know
how to get to the BIOS setup. I have heard references to F10 at logo
screen,
but no logo screen appears on this one. The first thing I see at boot is
65XXXX free, then, "Starting Windows98". That's it. F10 doesn't do a
thing.
I looked on the HP site for a manual, but the download link seems to be
dead.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.
TA

Manual he
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/su.../c01129827.pdf

on page 30:

Fn+Esc BIOS.
Press the hotkey, then the down arrow key to view BIOS dates for the
system, video, keyboard, and expansion
(when docked in a base). (The upgradable system BIOS provides basic
functional instructions to the computer.)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...D=c00372724#A3

Old November 15th 08, 05:31 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Tom Anderson

In article , says...

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/su...27/c01129827.p

on page 30:

Fn+Esc BIOS.
Press the hotkey, then the down arrow key to view BIOS dates for the
system, video, keyboard, and expansion
(when docked in a base). (The upgradable system BIOS provides basic
functional instructions to the computer.)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport.../Document.jsp?

lang=en&cc=us&ta
skId=110&prodSeriesId=96227&prodTypeId=321957&pro dSeriesId=96227&objectID=c00

3
72724#A3

Thanks to those that responded. I got the manual from the above site, and got
the setup program from compaq's ftp site.
The computer is coming back to life. It was loaded up with porn, spyware and
other junk, and would barely run. After deleteing 500mb of this stuff and
defragging the HD, It's like a different machine.
Thanks.
TA

Old November 15th 08, 07:06 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
- Bobb -

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

[...]

Glad to hear it .
Make sure to scan it with virus app prior to going online again. In case
something buried in registry.
I like spybots,ad-aware, and CCleaner after rebuilding.
Then Avast for free protection ( download.com for all of them)
Good luck with it.

Old November 17th 08, 01:11 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
JR the Postman

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/su...ual/c01129827/

[...]

I suggest using the free malwarbytes, and the free version of a-squared,
in addition to the above...

A-squared will find and remove root kits your anti-virus does not know
about...

JR the postman

BIOS setup on ARMADA 1575D [email protected] Compaq Computers 0 September 15th 07 12:59 PM
HP 7350 Mike Kennard Printers 1 November 25th 05 05:37 AM
Key for Setup on Armada 7730MT Quoi ma gueulle(R) ? Compaq Computers 1 June 20th 05 10:41 PM
Where do I download "setup install" floppy for Armada 1700? Linux Lover Compaq Computers 1 September 23rd 04 04:54 AM
Problem With My Armada 1750 Setup Routine Eugene Compaq Computers 3 September 12th 04 03:19 AM