AGP Slot Disabled

Old January 30th 06, 08:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default AGP Slot Disabled

i have a old compaq uwave motherboard spinoff from the fic az11when i
install my agp card i get a blank screen after running everest and wincpuid
they both told me my agp was disabled ive upgraded to the latest bios from
compaq but theres no options to set agp to primary or to enable or disable
it. ive even tried to flash bios with fic bios but compaq must have that all
locked up it wont flash any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Old January 31st 06, 02:53 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

"Trick" wrote in message
newsQuDf.37733$M94.12825@trnddc01...
i have a old compaq uwave motherboard spinoff from the fic az11when
install my agp card i get a blank screen after running everest and
wincpuid
they both told me my agp was disabled ive upgraded to the latest
bios from
compaq but theres no options to set agp to primary or to enable or
disable
it. ive even tried to flash bios with fic bios but compaq must
have that all
locked up it wont flash any ideas would be greatly appreciated

The regular AZ11 has a BIOS Guardian which protects the BIOS from
corruption. It must be disabled to reflash the BIOS. Did you also
Reset Configuration under PNP? If you are using both a PCI and an
AGP card, there should be a BIOS setting for which card is activated
first. The default is PCI.

--
Earl F. Parrish

Old January 31st 06, 04:18 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

ive tried to hold the del key to disable guardian but it wont even go to
bios only f10 does and there no option fot any kind of guardian or write
protect. Also theres no bios setting for which video to activate its a
compaq bios and its very limited. What do you mean reset config under PNP?
if in the bios theres nothing.