SOLUTION: CD 52x "slow"

Old November 21st 05, 10:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Default SOLUTION: CD 52x "slow"

+ Just wanted to share my success "solving"
the problem of an advertised 52x Memorex which
was recording at about 4x(!)... the problem was
not with the memorex... and the unit had, as
originally reported, functioned fine otherwise...
the answer I discovered just recently, was the
USB port... on the 1.1 port, I got 4x speed...
but, on a USB 2 port, I get the full 52x recording
speed... same recorder, same command line.

I've included my original post below...
for some reason I couldn't reply to the original
message. Hope this is of some help to other
people who experience this unexpected slowdown.

[original post]
"I recently got to use a Memorex 52x
CD recorder... trying this at 48x and 52x
worked both times, and the disk is fine...
however I did not see any recording speed
increase over what my 4x scsi had been...
the only difference seems to be the buffer
capacity_ now I can burn a full disk with
no problem, which is good.

The advertisement for this unit says
it will burn a 600mb disk in 3 minutes...
it took 24 minutes for this unit to burn 500mb...
am I leaving something out of the command line ?

Thanks to anyone who has used a Memorex
or knows whats happening."

[end post]