Is it possible P111 at 150MHz on Advance 10b?

Old May 13th 04, 07:25 AM
Beemer

Default Is it possible P111 at 150MHz on Advance 10b?

I have run my P111 at 140MHz FSB on my QDI Advance 10b M/B. I tried to
raise it to 150MHz but it would not boot. Now for a reason I do not
understand I cannot run at 140MHz as XP bluescreen crashes out with
qucik flashed message roughly about possible driver/dll corruption.
Temperature never reported higher than 58C.

What should be possible?

Beemer
Old May 13th 04, 02:06 PM
Lee

I suspect its an intel chipset with no locking on PCI/AGP buses so as you
increase your fsb so does your PCI/AGP buses and i bet your PCI has got
close or over 40fsb and caused corruption with data in your windows folder
(probably some dll). If it tells you what file is corrupt on blue screen try
attempting to get a fresh copy and overwrite it may work may not do.

On Thu, 13 May 2004 06:25:18 GMT, Beemer wrote:

:I have run my P111 at 140MHz FSB on my QDI Advance 10b M/B. I tried to
:raise it to 150MHz but it would not boot. Now for a reason I do not
:understand I cannot run at 140MHz as XP bluescreen crashes out with
:qucik flashed message roughly about possible driver/dll corruption.
:Temperature never reported higher than 58C.
:
:What should be possible?
:
:Beemer

-----
Lee.
Old May 13th 04, 10:09 PM
David Maynard

Beemer wrote:

I have run my P111 at 140MHz FSB on my QDI Advance 10b M/B. I tried to
raise it to 150MHz but it would not boot. Now for a reason I do not
understand I cannot run at 140MHz as XP bluescreen crashes out with
qucik flashed message roughly about possible driver/dll corruption.
Temperature never reported higher than 58C.

What should be possible?

Beemer

That when you had it overclocked to 150 it corrupted files on the hard
drive (probably because of the PCI bus being overclocked 25%) so that now
XP can't run at any speed because those files are corrupted.

Old May 14th 04, 11:55 PM
David Maynard

Beemer wrote:
In article ,
says...

Beemer wrote:

In article ,

says...

Beemer wrote:

I have run my P111 at 140MHz FSB on my QDI Advance 10b M/B. I tried to
raise it to 150MHz but it would not boot. Now for a reason I do not
understand I cannot run at 140MHz as XP bluescreen crashes out with
qucik flashed message roughly about possible driver/dll corruption.
Temperature never reported higher than 58C.

What should be possible?

Beemer

That when you had it overclocked to 150 it corrupted files on the hard
drive (probably because of the PCI bus being overclocked 25%) so that now
XP can't run at any speed because those files are corrupted.

David,

Corruption has not prevented restart of XP provided that bios is
returned to default by battery removal.

Beemer

There ain't no BIOS alive, or dead, that can make XP boot if the system
files are corrupted.

David, I said nothing in my posts about corrupt system files.

Beemer

Oh Really? What do you call "XP bluescreen crashes out with qucik flashed
message roughly about possible driver/dll corruption."

You asked what could 'possibly' cause XP to blue screen on every boot after
your 150MHz FSB overclock attempt and I TOLD you: corrupt files on the hard
drive, probably caused by the 25% overclocked PCI bus.

And, as I said, 'resetting BIOS' ain't going to fix corrupt system files,
if that's the problem. And judging from your error message I'd say it's a
good bet since it SAYS possible driver/dll corruption.

First try stock speed and if it still errors out then, if you made a
recovery disk, do a repair with that (still at stock speed). If not then
start as if you're doing a reinstall, say 'no' to the first repair query
screen (I.E. install windows), and then, after if 'finds' the existing
windows installation tell it to repair it instead of a 'fresh install'.
You'll have to also reinstall your service packs, IE updates, Media Player
updates, and critical updates but your programs and data will remain
intact. And don't bother with all the program 'install' requests before the
service pack gets installed; cancel them. They'll go away after service
pack 1 is reinstalled.

Old May 17th 04, 02:51 AM
Dave

[...]

To the OP,

Poor cable connections can imitate corrupted files, eg where a data cable is
not plugged in properly to the HD or MB and some of the pins are making
intermittent contact. It could pay to check these as well.

Dave