No multisession possible

Old October 16th 06, 10:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Ozymandias

Default No multisession possible

Neither my cdr or dvdr will write a multisession disk anymore using
either Nero 7 or NTI CDmaker 7.5 trial although until recently they
both worked fine. The disks are closed after the first session even if
"start a multisession" is chosen in Nero. Aftwewards they are
recognized as unrecordable. Even CDRWs and DVDRWs are closed and the
programs will not recognize them as RWs afterwards and refuses to
erase them. But Alcohol 120% will erase them.
I am running XP Pro service pack2 on a Pentium 4 with 1024 MB ram.
Anyone have any Ideas?
Old October 17th 06, 01:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Ozymandias wrote:

Neither my cdr or dvdr will write a multisession disk anymore using
either Nero 7 or NTI CDmaker 7.5 trial although until recently they
both worked fine. The disks are closed after the first session even if
"start a multisession" is chosen in Nero. Aftwewards they are
recognized as unrecordable. Even CDRWs and DVDRWs are closed and the
programs will not recognize them as RWs afterwards and refuses to
erase them. But Alcohol 120% will erase them.
I am running XP Pro service pack2 on a Pentium 4 with 1024 MB ram.
Anyone have any Ideas?

Maybe you are burning at a faster speed than the RW are rated? At the
last step, the Burn tab, what's the Write speed Nero selected? Is the
'Finalize CD' unchecked and greyed out? Are the burnt files readable in
Windows Explorer?
..

Mike Richter - the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB (UDF)

The slimiest lying friggin SOB Mike Richter has been for YEARS
blaming the UDF -- to weasel out the bugs of DirectCD:

UDF is a fragile format
UDF is an unreliable format

the format is very fragile and unreliable
The format is bad - it loses data
The fault is not with the software but with the format

There is an inherent problem in UDF
Packet writing is the same as UDF.

I have used only DCD for packet writing,
have had no problems due to the software
- but too many due to the format itself

to bother with it any longer.

But then again:

======================
From: Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin ****)
Date: 5/4/06
Subject: UDF Has just bit me in the bum

I have used UDF for many years, but yesterday I had my first
corruption. I am now wondering whether to bother with UDF

First, your problem is not with UDF

Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
Mikey, you are the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB!