Nero & Teac CD- W512

Old August 30th 06, 09:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Briain Borumha

Default Nero & Teac CD- W512

Is there a conflict between Win ME systems, Teac CD drives and
Nero 5.5???? Judging from the various topics on Google there must be
an ongoing one.

I have an Win ME system, 512RAM, 1.3M processor and a
Teac CD-W512EB cd writer Firmware v2.0K.

To burn CDs I now use Nero 5.5.10.56, which I recently upgraded.

I am now having a problem with multi-session discs. Nero writes
the first set of data, albiet very slowly, but when I later try to burn
further
data sets I get various error messages saying "Power Calibration Error",
"Illegal medium" and "Could not perform end track". Or variations and
combinations of the order.
DMA is checked and have tried all speeds, with and without burnproof
with the same result

I had a "similar" problem some years ago with some cheap CDs but
have now turned a quantity of 3 different brands of CDs into coasters.

Have done a defrag, cleaned the laser, tried Google et al and made some
changes to Nero preferences as a result but so far without success.
Have also turned off AVG and all other programs while attempting to burn.
I have no other CD writing software installed.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem or a workround
or should I just junk the cd writer, Nero or both?.

TIA

Briain

Remove the insect to reply

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.
Old August 31st 06, 10:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Briain Borumha wrote:

[...]

The drive may have reached its end. Post the complete error log - sans
your license key.
..

Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (UDF)

The slimiest friggin SOB Mike Richter has been for YEARS
blaming the UDF to weasel out the bugs of DirectCD:

UDF is a fragile format
UDF is an unreliable format

the format is very fragile and unreliable

The format is bad - it loses data

The fault is not with the software but with the format

I have used only DCD for packet writing,
have had no problems due to the software
- but too many due to the format itself

to bother with it any longer.

But then again:

======================
From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin ****)
Date: 5/4/06
Subject: UDF Has just bit me in the bum

I have used UDF for many years, but yesterday I had my first
corruption. I am now wondering whether to bother with UDF

First, your problem is not with UDF
======================

-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
Mikey, you are The Slimiest Friggin SOB!
Old September 1st 06, 08:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Tony

Probably nothing wrong with the cd writer as the older versions of teac
would write almost forever. There are good and bad versions of nero. You
probably upgraded to a version that doesn't work properly. Install something
that doesn't conflict with nero. Install something like clone cd it doesn't
have an aspi layer just to see if it will copy a cd correctly if the cd
writer even works with clone cd. Use version 3.0 or earlier of clone cd.
"Briain Borumha" wrote in message
[...]

Nero doesn't support making compilation CDs of favorite music? Steve K Cdr 8 October 18th 05 07:50 AM
NERO 5 Plus TEAC CD-W552G -- Boken! pc macdonald Cdr 1 September 26th 04 02:17 AM
Nero hangs on "checking discs" smh Cdr 1 September 5th 04 04:00 AM
nero would only start in nero express... mark24951 Cdr 1 July 29th 03 04:45 AM
Nero 5.5.10.42 weirdness John Smith Cdr 0 July 25th 03 10:17 PM