Roxia ECM7.5 vs Record Now v7

Old June 7th 05, 12:23 PM
news.new

Default Roxia ECM7.5 vs Record Now v7

Roxia ECM7.5 vs Record Now v7

Which is the better choice? I understand the DLA and direct CD are not
compatible to each other.

Old June 7th 05, 01:20 PM
Marlin Singer

news.new wrote:
Roxia ECM7.5 vs Record Now v7

Which is the better choice? I understand the DLA and direct CD are not
compatible to each other.

One thing is that you will get a lot more with the Roxio 7.5. They are
"throwing" in other applications with the Roxio suite. Also RecordNow
does not do movie DVD's from MPGs, etc. It only burns data and audio
CD/DVD. As for DLA/Drag and Drop, I wouldn't use them anyway due to
problems with packet writing.
Old June 8th 05, 09:23 AM
smh

Roxio is the Firestone of CDR software
--------------------------------------

Subject: Roxio 6 / DVD Builder can't see my burner
Date: 12/27/03

Downloaded update from Roxio. It says it installed successfully,
Click OK to reboot. It reboots, it says it installed succussfully,
Click OK to reboot. It reboots, it says it installed succussfully,
Click OK to reboot. It reboots, it says it installed succussfully,
Click OK to reboot. It reboots, it says it installed succussfully,
Click OK to reboot.

Arrrrggghhhhhh

Of course, you made a complete system backup, haven't you? No?

How could you be so careless and thoughtless!

From: smh
Subject: should I download the update
Date: 12/15/03

Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB) spewed:

I have received an email from Roxio advising me to download an
update for my Roxio Platinum. Would you advise me to do this.

if you are going to update such software, have a complete
system backup first so you can restore to your current conditions
even if the update fails.

Is a backup essential now even for an update of Easy CD Cremator?

======================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio ****)
Date: 5/5/01
Subject: Why uninstall EZCD 5???

I consider an image backup essential
before any major software installation

I suspect that those who have trouble are also careless
- perhaps thoughtless - about their use of their computer
systems.

Why any competent computer user would fail to 'buy'
such inexpensive insurance is beyond me.

====================
From: "WayneC"
Date: 5/5/01

Yes Mike, I agree, Roxio should post a very BIG warning:
Do not attempt to install ECDC 5 until you have made a full
system backup, removed the backup media and stored it at least
100 yards away from any ECDC 5 component including the box it
came in.

==========================
From: Thomas A. Horsley
Date: 5/6/01

Yes, I imagine that's a habit folks who install Adaptec software
develop quite early in the learning curve

======================
From: "Fishface"
Date: 11/7/02

Is that a representative of Roxio justifying software which
doesn't properly uninstall? Is it so difficult for them to do
that an attempt is made to defend their inability?

Backup? Hell, I'm considering installing it alone on a separate
installation on a separate partition on someone elses computer.
======================

Old June 8th 05, 06:14 PM
smh

From: "Justin"
Date: 4/18/04
Subject: ROXIO media creator 7 is garbage. HELP ME!

Just so we're clear...what you're saying is, if you buy a piece
of software, and it doesn't work for any reason whatsoever, then
the software is at fault. Is that the statement you are making?
Just curious...

If the software is "ROXIO" , then it goes WITHOUT saying.

**** I wish I knew all this information before I bought the ****.
Old June 8th 05, 06:18 PM
smh

=============================
From: "Jason K. Lambrou"
Date: 2/14/05
Subject: Roxio

I just installed Roxio 7, it takes my computer for even to boot,
is that normal?? thanks

MMC 9.02 will not record TV Dave Ati Videocards 1 October 13th 04 08:54 PM
Sometimes can't automatically record TV shows with MMC v9.0 & Catalyst 4.4 driver [email protected] Ati Videocards 7 May 27th 04 09:30 AM
Can't record with MMC 8.8 Andrew MacLean Ati Videocards 1 January 27th 04 05:25 AM
Record Size Fred H Storage & Hardrives 5 January 11th 04 01:26 PM
Audigy Platinum Won't Record From Mic & MIDI Mike Austin PC Soundcards 0 November 29th 03 08:06 PM