20 GB on Armada 1560D??

Old December 25th 04, 05:01 PM
Wolfram Nickl

Default 20 GB on Armada 1560D??

Hi! I want to install winxp on a 20 GB hitachi travelstar
put into a compaq armada 1560d notebook (166Mhz, 80mb ram).
Problem: cannot boot xp, 8GB lock from bios;
winxp detects 20 GB,

How can I get my notebook booting from this 20 GB HD? Tanks for info an
greetings Wolfram!

Old December 26th 04, 12:19 PM
David

The short answer is you just can't do that...

The only way a 20GB HD will work in your laptop is to use drive overlay
software like EZ Drive or Disk Manager. Better to use a drive that doesn't
exceed the BIOS limitation.

Unfortunately, XP is not going to run on that machine. It originally came
with Windows 95. The best you can do is Win98SE.

y.telekom.at...

Old December 28th 04, 10:45 AM
Wolfram Nickl

Hi!
The short answer is you just can't do that...

You are right, I tryed even the ontrack diskmanager
with disk limitation to 4 GB -- win2000 doesn't boot.

Unfortunately, XP is not going to run on that machine. It originally came
with Windows 95. The best you can do is Win98SE.

you are not right, with 80MB Ram and 3 GB harddisk win2000
is running perfectly, only problem is, that 20 GB harddisk
can't be used for mp3 storage.
I will buy pcmcia usb 2.0 card and solve the problem
with an external harddisk.

Thanks and greetings wolfram!

Old December 31st 04, 10:22 AM
Wolfram Nickl