repair an old solo 2500

Old September 21st 04, 10:14 PM
Darryl

Default repair an old solo 2500

Greetings,
My solo 2500 decided today not to recognize the hard drive. I reseated it
and
had the same experience. Replaced the drive with a known good drive and it
did
the same thing. When I tried to have the bios auto discover the drive it
would hang.
Still, no joy. Called gateway support. They had no ideas other than
sending it in
for repair at $300 plus tax. Thinking maybe the bios was screwy, I
downloaded
and flashed the current bios for the unit (got it from gateway for my exact
machine).
Now the machine will automatically shutdown after a couple of minutes.

Any ideas ? Any good inexpensive repair places ?

thanks,
Darryl

Old September 22nd 04, 09:40 PM
Darryl

that didn't help at all.
thanks for the suggestion though.

-Darryl

"Darryl" wrote in message
[...]

remove the cdrom drive from a solo 2500 Darryl Gateway Computers 0 September 21st 04 06:34 PM
Solo 2500 Roy Gateway Computers 2 December 16th 03 06:55 AM
How to open case to Gateway Solo 2500 D Kruciak Gateway Computers 1 December 5th 03 06:16 PM
Solo 2500 CD Problem John Waser Gateway Computers 0 November 20th 03 02:31 PM
Help & Advice Gateway solo 2500 GEO©~ Gateway Computers 1 July 30th 03 11:42 PM