XP OEM - Interesting conversation with MS employee

Old May 12th 05, 08:51 PM
BNR

"Business Managers see only one color and only if they are goood a what
they do. Red."

I gotta disagree, there is no Business without the color... Green.

Old May 12th 05, 09:33 PM
BNR

I do not know the exact figure
I never said that.

Ron, ya did so.

That lie right there made me think of John Kerry's wife when she pompously
refered to ALL the people from my area as unpatriotic during a speech. She
then went on to lie before the News that aired it right there on national
TV, denying it all.

It wasn't so bad to hear the first time, but a coverup, that makes it
preposterous. It's okie to not have your facts straight, Ron.

I, disagree with Ron, when a company has no competition, it should let
someone else price fix for it. I know ATF doesn't price fix, but it does
regulate distribution and fine. Maybe it should take on a new name.. OSATF.
Its not like that'll hurt competition. There is none. MS will just have to
program more bugs into product to makeup for slump with Tech calls.

A PC is more dangerous and addicting than alcohol, tobaco and firearms. You
know there is a Railroad retirment agency in the government. I suppose
sometime we'll actually see an Operationg System retirement agency. I hope
its sooner than later.

Old May 12th 05, 09:54 PM
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

If you call someone a liar, you should also post a reference to support your
claim or become guilty of slander yourself.
The unrelated political garbage you posted does not support any relevant
point you made.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

Old May 12th 05, 10:07 PM
BNR

The "rule of thumb"

Point your thumb in the direction of a vector and the curve of the clenching
fist determines the field direction. Its particularly useful when dealing
with positive and negative fields when reading schematics. Rule of Thumb
has nothing to do with Microsoft's market controlled monopolies in the
Software Industry.

So another words, the price is based on those contract worker's on
Microsoft's front lines, the ones they hire through temp agencies? Like the
person who hung up on the OP. Well that should make it pretty cheap than,
since a part of that wage goes right back to the temp agency . Why's it not
cheap Ron, they doing some funny math?

I'm still having a hard time getting my teeth around the idea that Microsoft
is providing me a service w/o an ongoing membership fee. When can I expect
the Microsoft call girl to come over and give me some service, Ron? You see
where I'm coming from? If the OS is so bad, it needs followup service,
maybe their needs to be a warranty and not an EULA.

We don't make lemonaid out of lemons. We cut down the lemon tree and burn
it until it pays enough to compensate the victim. Atleast, close enough.
Anyway.

Old May 12th 05, 10:26 PM
BNR

The insanity defense is a defense that relies on stress mitigating
circumstances, such a not being able to understand the difference
between right or wrong.

What if a fella went insane after a faulty Intellimouse with a dead battery
left him from clicking the "disagree" in the EULA with the little up finger
on the screen. Who's fault is that? His, for not changing battery? His, for
agreeing to agree before the reinstall, and following a poor technicians
advice. Theirs, for the actions right then and there in making him resign a
preagreed to contract? He was told to reinstall from a MS techit fix, due
to a virus.

Who is to blame in this ferinstance?

Old May 12th 05, 10:26 PM
Carey Frisch [MVP]

University of Michigan

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...xp/choose.mspx

"BNR" wrote:

| Interesting, what school did you attend Carey?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0519-2, 05/12/2005
Tested on: 5/12/2005 4:26:58 PM

Old May 12th 05, 10:35 PM
BNR

Jupi, your blind and dumb, its the part you cut out. And I'll call anyone I
want a Liar, tyvm. Who the hell are you to critisize my political garbage,
anyway. I'm already guilty for volunteering conversation freely against my
will. When will your bill arrive. You don't speak to folks freely. I'm
here to interpret your convoluted EULA. And all I get in response from MVPs
is insults and threats.

Old May 12th 05, 10:40 PM
kurttrail

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
University of Michigan

He was one of the tackling dummies.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Old May 12th 05, 10:47 PM
Michael C

"BNR" wrote in message
nk.net...
"Business Managers see only one color and only if they are goood a what
they do. Red."

I gotta disagree, there is no Business without the color... Green.

Most countries have mutlicolored money.

Michael

Old May 12th 05, 10:50 PM
NoStop

BNR wrote:

[...]

Following the logic I see in this thread, Windoze should be free. Michael
Moore, in one of his books, pointed out that Micro$oft was using prison
labor to package their products. Can't remember what M$ was paying for this
cheap labor, but I'm sure it wasn't much.

--

Windows is *NOT* a virus. Viruses are small and efficient.