Epson ink level defeat

Old September 2nd 04, 06:55 PM
EBG

Default Epson ink level defeat

I have 3 epson 880 printers and certainly there must be a way to get in the
electronics and give an IC pin a permanent logic high or low to DEFEAT this
damn ink usage indicator.

I finally figured out how to refill without removing cartridges (keeping air
out of the system) but the ink level thing is my last hurdle.

What are my options?......like I say, I'd really like to get into the guts
and find out what pin is reacting to this sensor and fool it.

Is it doing this in software?....checking for a cart removal and then
"estimating" ?

Old September 2nd 04, 08:24 PM
Kathy

"EBG" wrote in
:

I have 3 epson 880 printers and certainly there must be a way to get
in the electronics and give an IC pin a permanent logic high or low to
DEFEAT this damn ink usage indicator.

I finally figured out how to refill without removing cartridges
(keeping air out of the system) but the ink level thing is my last
hurdle.

What are my options?......like I say, I'd really like to get into the
guts and find out what pin is reacting to this sensor and fool it.

Is it doing this in software?....checking for a cart removal and then
"estimating" ?

"Universal™ Chip Resetter for Epson cartridges will reset the "smart chip"
on ALL Epson cartridges multiple times. Reset cartridge chips to factory
specs, showing full ink levels and providing the same number of cycles as
when the chip was new.

This device works indefinitely and can be extended by simply replacing the
3 small batteries the same way you would replace a battery in a wrist
watch."

http://snipurl.com/8tps
Old September 3rd 04, 07:02 AM
Arthur Entlich

The 880 printer doesn't use the Intelledge chipped cartridges. It was
one of the last Epson printers without it. The problem he speaks about
is due to an internal counter. I'm sure there is a rest via the front
panel somehow, but I don't know the correct sequence for this printer.

Art

Kathy wrote:

"EBG" wrote in
:

Old September 3rd 04, 07:30 AM
Rob

Arthur Entlich wrote:
The 880 printer doesn't use the Intelledge chipped cartridges. It was
one of the last Epson printers without it. The problem he speaks about
is due to an internal counter. I'm sure there is a rest via the front
panel somehow, but I don't know the correct sequence for this printer.

Art

It says here that this program supports the 880 printer for what you
require.

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

rm

Old September 3rd 04, 07:02 PM
EBG

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Thanks.....Great software.

I love these freeware authors.

Old September 6th 04, 11:23 AM
Arthur Entlich

Thanks for that information, Rob.

I have never personally used this program, and some, maybe even many,
people have had success with it, but I have received reports of it
occasionally so disrupting the firmware as to make the printer unusable.

I honestly don't know if this is due to mistakes in their code, older
versions, people misunderstanding instructions or trying wrong versions
on wrong printers, or other more malicious reasons.

At one point, there was some talk of the program containing some type of
spyware.

Perhaps someone who knows more about the program can comment further.

Art