iiyama Vision Master Pro 514 (HM204DT) vs Mitsubishi Diamond Pro (2070SB-BK)

Old August 23rd 03, 12:56 AM
Steve Rossiter

Default iiyama Vision Master Pro 514 (HM204DT) vs Mitsubishi Diamond Pro (2070SB-BK)

Hi,

Here are two great monitors utilizing the same DiamondTron 22" tube
but not knowing all the subtleties I'm looking for input on their
finer differences. The iiyama supports slightly higher refresh rates
but nothing that I think would make a major qualitative difference. On
the other hand the Mitsubishi has the NaViSet software that allows you
to adjust screen settings using your mouse or keyboard.

Can anybody comment on why they might choose one above the other?

Thanks for the help ...
Old August 23rd 03, 01:19 AM
Rick

"Steve Rossiter" wrote in message ...
Hi,

Here are two great monitors utilizing the same DiamondTron 22" tube
but not knowing all the subtleties I'm looking for input on their
finer differences. The iiyama supports slightly higher refresh rates
but nothing that I think would make a major qualitative difference. On
the other hand the Mitsubishi has the NaViSet software that allows you
to adjust screen settings using your mouse or keyboard.

Can anybody comment on why they might choose one above the other?

Thanks for the help ...

If the cost difference isn't an issue, definitely stick with the 2070SB.
Even though the tubes are the same in the two units, Mitsubishi uses
better supporting components than Iiyama.

Rick