Help!!! Bootable CD with two floppies

Old August 12th 03, 12:16 PM
Ned Hart

Default Help!!! Bootable CD with two floppies

I know this has been asked before. Been searching for several hours
and everything either leads to a dead end or I can't make sense of the
answer.

I want to make a bootable CD with a set of two floppies. I can't fit
all the files on one floppy and the SW always asks to insert a floppy
or to point an image (.IMG file) or something like that. I've tried
EZCD, NERO, and something called NTI. No luck. Has anyone ever done
this?

Help!!!!
Old August 12th 03, 12:58 PM
Derek MacKeddie

The message
from (Ned Hart) contains these words:

I know this has been asked before. Been searching for several hours
and everything either leads to a dead end or I can't make sense of the
answer.

snip

Try he

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...oogle+ Search

--
Cheers,
Derek,

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"
Old August 12th 03, 09:23 PM
Ned Hart

Hi Derek

Thanks for the link. I read the results and did not find any
information on creating a bootable CD based on two floppy disks. Any
ideas?

Thanks

Old August 13th 03, 09:31 AM
Dg1261

"Ned Hart" wrote:
I want to make a bootable CD with a set of two floppies. I can't fit
all the files on one floppy and the SW always asks to insert a floppy
or to point an image (.IMG file) or something like that. I've tried
EZCD, NERO, and something called NTI. No luck. Has anyone ever done
this?

What OS?

If this is DOS, then you can get creative with your autoexec.bat file and move
everything from the second floppy onto the CD itself. Set up your boot floppy
autoexec.bat along the lines of:

@echo off
...(other stuff here)...
mscdex.exe /D:mscd001 /L:R
R:\myprog.bat

Now create your bootable CD from one floppy and the rest of your files in the
main portion of your CD compilation. When the CD boots, drive A: will be the
virtual boot drive, and drive R: will be your CD. Autoexec will run and launch
the continuation of your custom program from drive R:.

Hope this helps.

Old August 13th 03, 06:53 PM
Sylvan Butler

On 12 Aug 2003 13:23:10 -0700, Ned Hart wrote:
Thanks for the link. I read the results and did not find any
information on creating a bootable CD based on two floppy disks. Any
ideas?

Did you want to boot either floppy or simply have more than one disk
of stuff available?

Different boot floppies is tricky but do-able. Bart's boot disk
site (google) has instructions and tools.

For one boot disk, but more stuff than will fit...

Most times you can use a 2.8MB floppy image on the CD. That may be
all you need. WinImage and other tools can create such an image for
you if you like.

Or you can simply put the bare minimum in the floppy image and load
the rest of the stuff directly from the CD. Bart's site also has
good info on taking that approach.

sdb

--
| Sylvan Butler | Not speaking for Hewlett-Packard | sbutler-boi.hp.com |
| Watch out for my e-mail address. Thank UCE. change ^ to @ |