Long Slow Goodbye

Old February 12th 21, 09:59 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Long Slow Goodbye

Initiated transfers to two SSD 1T units, one at a time, from a
(relatively new) back-up HDD at over 100,000 k/bytes/sec presently for
the newest EVO. Along with another EVO that will be 3, 4 hours
remaining, including swapping it out, once full, to fill up another
already third-full EVO. Speeds should slow down as it gets closer to
full.

Not much over-provisioning, which is nice when there, as I don't
really have it to spare. I'm only giving both units a token few
gigabytes RAW (40G).

Shame with this newest its TBW count, much higher than the other but
it was a deal for under $100, and Samsung isn't cutting anyone breaks,
anyway, with their budget EVO with a quarter the TBW ratings of this
latest model at a sixth more cost. Neither one will be written
effectively to again, however, as I bought them because I'm tired of
watching HDDs die. That means not a Western Digital SDD, no thank you
either, and WD's practice of not providing controller or memory
specifications to their SSD models unless they're an enterprise rated
grade. Samsung.

Samsung for the science of chaos in errancy, failure within deviancy
over miscommunication and representation. Music contains a beat, to
flow within a composition of rhythmic arrangements, at least not while
missing it, for sector-error seeks on a HD's platters to play ketchup.

And I haven't heard any listenable AI generated jazz music yet from a
microprocessor titled Entropy that does.
Old February 12th 21, 06:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 04:59:40 -0500, Flasherly
wrote:

Initiated transfers

Took 12 hours over three drives.

Took me One Year to transfer my cassettes, one or two tapes in the
mornings, to a computer and render them into MP3.