Scanner dedicated for OCR work?

Old September 18th 07, 08:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
phuile

Default Scanner dedicated for OCR work?

I need a small scanner dedicated to OCR work. Can someone recommend
something? I know I will need an app too, so if anyone knows any good
one, please help.

I need to do a *lot* of OCR so a fast one will help, and any helpful
hints will also be welcome!

Thanks.

(Sorry about the cross post - I forgot to enter this forum when I
first post.)

Old September 18th 07, 03:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
CSM1

"phuile" wrote in message
ups.com...
I need a small scanner dedicated to OCR work. Can someone recommend
something? I know I will need an app too, so if anyone knows any good
one, please help.

I need to do a *lot* of OCR so a fast one will help, and any helpful
hints will also be welcome!

Thanks.

(Sorry about the cross post - I forgot to enter this forum when I
first post.)

There are a lot of good scanners out there to buy. Depends on your needs,
Kodak makes some really expensive and fast document scanners with document
feeders for bulk scanning and OCR.

Kodak also has the software.
http://www.kodak.com/US/en/dpq/site/...e/SoftwareRoot

Nuance and Abbyy have great OCR software.

http://www.abbyy.com/

http://www.nuance.com/omnipage/

Kodak scanners
http://www.kodak.com/US/en/dpq/site/TKX/name/DIHome

Canon Scanners
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...categoryid=104

Stay away from the Lide series, they are CIS sensors and have zero Depth of
Field.

Epson makes good scanners. Click on Scanners under Products.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/index.jsp

MicroTek has good scanners. Some have document feeders.
http://www.microtekusa.com/

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Old September 28th 07, 10:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
alien[_2_]

CSM1 a écrit :
"phuile" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

look at fujitsu, kofax. profesional hardware and software