Logitech MX700 jitters on idle

Old June 30th 03, 04:23 PM
Felix

Default Logitech MX700 jitters on idle

Hi!

Ever since I got my MX700 I had the following problem - it is also
seen with any other MX700 I could get my hands on:

If the mouse is idle and not moved, the cursor starts jittering (not
always) by about 1-2 Pixels up/down.

This is especially annoying if one scrolls for a long time - i.e.
holds the left mouse button down (in the moveable area of the
scrollbar / not on the arrows) - the scrolled window content starts
jittering along with the mouse movement very quickly by those same
1-2Pixel up/down.

Also in games (like Counterstrike) this tends to be very annoying if
one tries to snipe somebody... . There is some history of the case
here for example:

http://www.explosivelabs.com/forums/...ead/t-581.html

The jitter effect is as far as I can tell independent from
charge/surface and distance from dock. (And every MX700 I have seen
does it - and ppl know about if I asked them!)

Is this a design fault in the entire line of MX700s?

Thanks for your Input.

Cheers,

Felix.
Old June 30th 03, 09:45 PM
Rich Morgan

i have seen this as well on my mouse MX700 I also notice that sometimes when
useing it it will jump around like the old ball mouse that needed to be
cleaned. All I do is blow where the lazer is & it works fine after that.
Hope it helps
om...