Can't record voicemail greeting

Old August 18th 03, 04:41 PM
Richard Coleman

Default Can't record voicemail greeting

Hi.
I'm using a Live! 5.1 Platinum card on a Windows98se system, plenty of
memory, Intel (yechh) mb. The sound all works fine, except I can't get the
voicemail greeting to record. Using EzVoice 1.1.1 presently, but couldn't
get it to work with FaxTalk either. Yet it seems to me that in the dim dark
past, I WAS able to do this!

I'm using a headset w/mike for this, two plugs. I know the mike is live as I
can hear myself fine over the speakers or headphone. Total silence when I
playback the greeting though.

The voicemail program displays that it is recording.

Any help appreciated.

Richard

Old August 22nd 03, 12:34 AM
Shep©

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:41:49 -0400, In this world we created "Richard
Coleman" wrote :

Hi.
I'm using a Live! 5.1 Platinum card on a Windows98se system, plenty of
memory, Intel (yechh) mb. The sound all works fine, except I can't get the
voicemail greeting to record. Using EzVoice 1.1.1 presently, but couldn't
get it to work with FaxTalk either. Yet it seems to me that in the dim dark
past, I WAS able to do this!

I'm using a headset w/mike for this, two plugs. I know the mike is live as I
can hear myself fine over the speakers or headphone. Total silence when I
playback the greeting though.

The voicemail program displays that it is recording.

Any help appreciated.

Richard

Disable the MIC in windows Mixer/Options/Properties on playback.You
only want it on the record section

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,
Old September 16th 03, 11:06 PM
FaxTalk Support

Coleman" wrote :

Hi.
I'm using a Live! 5.1 Platinum card on a Windows98se system, plenty of
memory, Intel (yechh) mb. The sound all works fine, except I can't get the
voicemail greeting to record. Using EzVoice 1.1.1 presently, but couldn't
get it to work with FaxTalk either. Yet it seems to me that in the dim dark
past, I WAS able to do this!

I'm using a headset w/mike for this, two plugs. I know the mike is live as I
can hear myself fine over the speakers or headphone. Total silence when I
playback the greeting though.

The voicemail program displays that it is recording.

Any help appreciated.

Richard

Disable the MIC in windows Mixer/Options/Properties on playback.You
only want it on the record section

(FaxTalk Support)
This is a FaxTalk Support representative. We do routine scans for
FaxTalk on this forum and have come across your post. We can suggest
depending on the FaxTalk version that you are using to try calling
into FaxTalk and while the greeting is playing press ## to get into
remote access, then follow the prompts to change your personal
settings, here you can then record a new greeting using the remote
phone you are calling from.