Ebuyer - Next day delivery?

Old November 19th 03, 03:14 PM
Michael Rodgers

Default Ebuyer - Next day delivery?

Hi,

I need some components to build a machine by Sunday. Not a problem - I'll
just select Next Day Delivery at Ebuyer.

So off I go, fill my cart, go to select delivery options only to find next
day delivery is unavailable - infact, all I can select is next Tuesday,
almost a week away.

I need it by Friday and am quite happy to pay for this option. Ebuyers help
page insists such an option is available, yet there is no way to select it.
Ebuyers telephone number is permanently engaged.

Am I being thick here, or have they really removed next day delivery?

Old November 19th 03, 03:23 PM
Gaz

"
I need some components to build a machine by Sunday. Not a problem - I'll
just select Next Day Delivery at Ebuyer.

So off I go, fill my cart, go to select delivery options only to find next
day delivery is unavailable - infact, all I can select is next Tuesday,
almost a week away.

I need it by Friday and am quite happy to pay for this option. Ebuyers

help
page insists such an option is available, yet there is no way to select

it.
Ebuyers telephone number is permanently engaged.

Am I being thick here, or have they really removed next day delivery?

They take it off when they are busy as they cannot process the orders fast
enough but often if they have a quiet day they put it back on later in the
day - may be worth another look, 3 day option is normally still there but I
am not sure how they count 3 days as it is normally 4/5 working days when
you select it.

I just pay a little more and shop at Aria if I need next day this time of
year, but their 'next' day seems to be taking 2 days at present, could be
down to city link though.

Old November 19th 03, 05:21 PM
Tony Sutton

"Michael Rodgers" wrote in message

Am I being thick here, or have they really removed next day delivery?

I called Ebuyer to find out why it's not there and they tell me they took it
off when they are very busy or CityLink can't keep up with the amount of
packages going to them.

You will have better luck with picking a Next Day if you order before 11am!
(but then no guarantee!)

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!

Old November 19th 03, 10:09 PM
RS

i ordered some stuff last night and the quickest date was friday.

There prices are good though, ive never had a problem with them

"Malev" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:14:21 -0000, "Michael Rodgers"
wrote:

Am I being thick here, or have they really removed next day delivery?

Yes.
Read yesterday's posts.